Thread: Bavarian Autosport Show & Shine 9-26-92

My Cars

Bavarian Autosport Show & Shine 9-26-92

I ran across a few photos that I'd taken from Bavarian Auto's 1992 Show & Shine. This is when they were located in Newmarket, NH. Not the best photos in the world but it'll give you an idea of how much it's grown since then. (I think there were only one or two cars that can't be seen)

Bavarian Autosport Show and Shine 9-26-92 (1).jpgBavarian Autosport Show and Shine 9-26-92 (2).jpgBavarian Autosport Show and Shine 9-26-92 (3).jpgBavarian Autosport Show and Shine 9-26-92 (6).jpgBavarian Autosport Show and Shine 9-26-92 (4).jpg
    Last edited by Bostongruen; 07-07-2018 at 08:49 AM.

My Cars

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328xi
    Cool thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by MSCHMITZ View Post
    Cool thanks!!
    No problem. I noticed in the for sale section the other day that you're looking for an E46. Giving up on the E36 hunt? Any E46 prospects?

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328xi
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostongruen View Post
    No problem. I noticed in the for sale section the other day that you're looking for an E46. Giving up on the E36 hunt? Any E46 prospects?
    Yea, I'm not sure what I want really - I'm just not entirely into my e90. E36s and E46s seem nice although I saw a 2013 f30 320i ms port 6 speed for sale too... Can't make up my mind. I'll probably wait until I find something I really like.

My Cars
    A friend of mine is a service manager for a BMW dealership in Atlanta. Even though BMW's putting money in his pocket every week, he swears up and down that anything made after the E46 was not built to last and that the later models are peppered with parts that are of sub par quality to ensure that BMW (and other companies) will make money selling replacement parts (and / or service) later on down the road. Not that the E46 and under don't require replacement parts it's just that the intentions of BMW and quality of the parts started going down hill around 2005-2006. Hopefully you'll find something that suits you that will last a good long while without requiring too much of your hard earned money.

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328xi
    A friend of mine is a service manager for a BMW dealership in Atlanta. Even though BMW's putting money in his pocket every week, he swears up and down that anything made after the E46 was not built to last and that the later models are peppered with parts that are of sub par quality to ensure that BMW (and other companies) will make money selling replacement parts (and / or service) later on down the road. Not that the E46 and under don't require replacement parts it's just that the intentions of BMW and quality of the parts started going down hill around 2005-2006. Hopefully you'll find something that suits you that will last a good long while without requiring too much of your hard earned money.
    I can understand that. My e90 feels solid, 55000 miles is not much and I've only had it one year, but still no problems. I'm keeping my eyes open for a low milage e46..

My Cars
    And your set on a manual transmission, right? The reason I ask is because here's a nice '05 330Ci with 105k for $4995. Only downside is it's an automatic.

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328xi
    And your set on a manual transmission, right? The reason I ask is because here's a nice '05 330Ci with 105k for $4995. Only downside is it's an automatic.
    Thanks, but yea, mostly set on manual transmission - I have an auto and not super happy with it being auto...

My Cars
    I know it's not an E46 but this E36 looks really nice. https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/...664424077.html

My Cars
    2003 M5, E93 335i/6
    I have to disagree with the E46 part... In my experience working on all models of BMW (from 2002s to F30s), the worst years were the early 2000s. The E46 may be the worst built chassis out of all of them. The cost-cutting of the alloys used in the sheet metal for the E36 & E46 were awfully cheap and prone to rusting. Interior material quality was poor with failing headliners, warping plastics, and thin leather. Don't forget the sub frame issues, suspension geometry that caused worn control arm bushings after only 60K, electrical lighting failures, thin water-based paint, ect... I think that the E90s are the best-built 3-series so far with almost no common problems chassis-wise. the N54 is another story...
    I'm very excited to drive the next-gen car. I have some cash put away for the next M3/M4; hoping to do a euro delivery!

Is BavAuto going to do another Show 'n Shine in 2019?
    Last edited by mxchris727; 12-14-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    -Chris

My Cars
    I've had two E46 in my possession and aside from a few patches of material coming off of the pillars neither one suffered from any of the common problems ..at least not while I'd been driving them. The mention of water-based paint on the E46 is a new one on me. That's just kooky.

I'm pretty sure BavAuto's show n shine is a happening thing every year.