My Cars
    2013 X5 35iXdrive

Console USB charging

I’m looking for some info on the USB port in the center console. Does anyone know if it provides charging capabilities? If so, what’s the voltage? I end up drawing the battery down even when it’s connected. If I use my cigarette lighter adapter, I don’t have that problem.

Is it possible I have a blown fuse or other voltage problem?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If winning isn't everything, then why keep score?

There are many parts of my youth that I'm not proud of. There were..... loose threads - untidy parts of me that I would like to remove. But when I... pulled on one of those threads - it'd unravel the tapestry of my life

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    You don't say what your device is (apple/android?)...but some brands have higher power requirements than others. If you have a nav/entertainment/communication booklet...you may want to check to see if the e70 is different than the info below which is from a 2013 f06/f12/f13 (6 series) nav/entertainment/communication booklet. You may need to get a snap in module which will charge as well as connect the device to the vehicle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    2013 X5 35iXdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
    You don't say what your device is (apple/android?)...but some brands have higher power requirements than others. If you have a nav/entertainment/communication booklet...you may want to check to see if the e70 is different than the info below which is from a 2013 f06/f12/f13 (6 series) nav/entertainment/communication booklet. You may need to get a snap in module which will charge as well as connect the device to the vehicle.
    Quicksilver: thanks for the response. Sorry for neglecting to point out the info. I have an iPhone 6s e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If winning isn't everything, then why keep score?

There are many parts of my youth that I'm not proud of. There were..... loose threads - untidy parts of me that I would like to remove. But when I... pulled on one of those threads - it'd unravel the tapestry of my life