Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: add me to the list of people not happy with Leatherique

My Cars
    Black

add me to the list of people not happy with Leatherique

After a recent purchase from an online vendor I had all the supplies I needed to do full, deep cleaning and detailing of our cars. Before I spent the time on the big jobs in the garage, I decided to tackle something thats been aggravating me on our favorite grocery getter - hardened leather seats. Our runabout has over 120k on the clock and still looks new, except the leather seats are about as flexible as alligator hide. They're not super shiny, so this isn't a dirt or oil issue. They've been cleaned semi-regularly with both Lexol cleaner and Lexol protectant, but they still stiffened up, probably from the intense heat here.

Part of the kit I bought was the two step Leatherique kit. I followed the directions to the letter, and took advantage of that same southern sun to heat the seats up before beginning the Rejuvenator treatment. I worked a generous amount of product into the leather with a gloved hand. I then waited a full 24 hours before I finished the project with Prestine Clean, warm water, and a microfiber cloth.

The end result... the seats looked identical to their appearance a day earlier. They were also still hard as a rock.
    BTW, I treated only the passenger seat just so I could compare it to the untreated driver's seat. No difference.

After reading all the glowing reviews, I'm incredibly disappointed in this product. I probably shouldn't have trusted a company that can't spell "pristine" correctly.
    Can anyone recommend a product that will loosen up hard leather and return it to its supple state?
    Last edited by Chuck; 07-01-2018 at 10:04 PM.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i Sport
    I've read that it may take several treatments to revitalize seriously hardened leather. My first experience with Leatherique was similar to yours. I think I'm going to give it another try and do several applications consecutively to see if that makes a difference.

My Cars
    Black
    Let me know how that works out. I'm going to be doing a big detail session tomorrow, and I'll have a choice between washing one more car or spending that time on the interior in the above mentioned runner.