Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: cleaning convertible top and back window

My Cars
    350Z

cleaning convertible top and back window

I've never owned a convertible, and was wondering what others hear use to clean thier convertible top as well as something to sort of polish out the back plastic window. The window has some hazing to it, which I've read is normal, is there a good product to use to help reduce this and keep it at bay?
    I will also post in Z3 section...

My Cars
    GX470
    usually any type of wax will clear up your plastic window pretty good.

My Cars
    M3/4
    Wax????!! Use a plastic polish and cleaner, ie Plexus or Novus. As for the vert cover, use rag-topp or the porsche brand cleaner.

My Cars
    GX470
    Yes wax, I've used it on tons of older rag-top plastic windows and work great.

My Cars
    '95 530i, '99 Camary, '99 S-10

Convertible top product

Quote Originally Posted by 350ztn
    I've never owned a convertible, and was wondering what others hear use to clean thier convertible top as well as something to sort of polish out the back plastic window. The window has some hazing to it, which I've read is normal, is there a good product to use to help reduce this and keep it at bay?
    I will also post in Z3 section...
    I wold suggest a product called Ragg Topp for Fabric or Ragg Topp for Vinyl for the convertible top and The Scratch Off System for the plastic window.

Scratch Off is a relativelt new product. The Scratch-Off System is the ultimate in plastic, Lexan, Plexiglass and acrylic surface restoration. Are your headlights hazy? Is the vinyl back window of your convertible top scratched and yellowing? If so, Scratch Off is the tool for bringing them back to like-new condition. The system uses a series of foam pads and specially formulated abrasive polishes to smooth, even and deep clean old or damaged plastics. The pads mount to an included backing plate which fits most drills. The process is slow, so be patient. It may take several minutes to work a small section.

Good Luck,

David

My Cars
    350Z
    I purchased the meguires kit #10 and #17 I think, I'm hoping this works since it was $20, if not where can I find more info on this scratch off system your talking about dternst