Thread: suggestions for obd2 scan tool

My Cars
    '88 320i Mtech2; 2004 X3

suggestions for obd2 scan tool

I have a 2004 BMW X3 E83 with M54 2.5L (with 215000 km on odometer)
    - any suggestions or recommendations for OBD2 scan tool at a reasonable price for a diy bimmer owner
    - I still rely on my mechanic, but for me it is always good to have a idea what is wrong before heading off to the shop

Thanks in advance .....
    ... forty-three years of driving before I get behind the wheel of a BMW .... and I am thinking, "why did it take me so long?"
    ... and then after another 4 years I can't believe that I have two of them !!

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Hello - take a look at the link below to the Schwaben BMW Tool. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Schwaben BMW Scan Tool
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    2008 BMW X3
    I just bought the foxwell NT510 with the BMW software installed. I did a bit of research and ended up settling on this one. I liked it because I can buy extra software so I can use it with my wife's Land Rover LR3. I used it to view live data and full codes on my wheel speed sensors. I believe from the data and research it is a wheel bearing so I just ordered a pair and will replace them this week. Without the scanner I was only able to use my cheap $25 scanner and get basic codes which worked for me for a while but having a proper scanner is well worth it in time saved and making sure you are fixing the right part the first time!

Here is the one I got: https://www.amazon.com/FOXWELL-Autom...t510+bmw&psc=1
    There was a $10 coupon when I got it so it came down to $169

Hope this helps!

Brian

My Cars
    '88 320i Mtech2; 2004 X3
    Hi... thanks. I bought the Foxwell NT510 from Amazon.ca ... $205 CA delivered

.... based on the available online info it appears to be the same product as the Schwaben BMW Tool suggested by Pelican
    ... forty-three years of driving before I get behind the wheel of a BMW .... and I am thinking, "why did it take me so long?"
    ... and then after another 4 years I can't believe that I have two of them !!

My Cars
    X5
    Carly for BMW is a nice tool and very user friendly.