Thread: Fender rolling- Da fuq do I do with the front lip?!

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i

Fender rolling- Da fuq do I do with the front lip?!

Hey guys, rolling/pulling the fenders for my first time. I've given it a bunch of clearance, but don't know what to do with the front most lip that was parallel with the ground going forwards around the front bottom lip of the fender (where it meets the bumper). Right now It's been rolled flat down mostly, and all the paint has flaked off of it. It's actually the only place I damaged the paint, I was keeping the whole fender nice and toasty the whole time. Do I just hammer that lip back up? I feel like it might make the front of the pulled fender look crappy.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I usually only roll the top and stop mid way down. Clearance front to back isn't necessary, just top. But I'm not a stance guy. I'd just get it so it looks ok, paint it, and leave it.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Unfortunately the front (around 9 o clock to 12 o clock) is where my tire was ripping paint off and hitting... So I pulled it a bunch there. I guess the big spacers have something to do with it, but I can't imagine ever clearing the frame with less. Don't even clear it now!

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by awp235 View Post
    Unfortunately the front (around 9 o clock to 12 o clock) is where my tire was ripping paint off and hitting... So I pulled it a bunch there. I guess the big spacers have something to do with it, but I can't imagine ever clearing the frame with less. Don't even clear it now!
    What size wheel and tire? sounds odd unless they are huge lol

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    8x18', 225 40's wrapped around it. That's what was on the car, and I didn't think to size down to 35 aspect ratio. I already pulled one side, as I'm determined to make it work for the event this weekend. Gutted the brake ducts and moved the wheel well forwards about 3 inches, so that shouldn't rub at all. Going to try to match the other side to the drivers that I did tomorrow, because I have off.
    A little nervous that I totally wrecked my fender, but honestly it doesn't look that bad, and I'm just going to get the lip a little farther out, then I'll post up pics on my thread.

My Cars
    none
    I'm running 18x8 215/40 and I had to hammer my wheel wells a little and I'm running over fenders. you may just have to raise the hell out of your car man. that's a lot of diameter to be swinging around up there especially if the car is lowered.

*I'm also assuming its an e36 and i think i may be wrong.. maybe try and pull some caster out as well?
    Last edited by e30 394; 06-28-2018 at 11:26 AM.

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by e30 394 View Post
    I'm running 18x8 215/40 and I had to hammer my wheel wells a little and I'm running over fenders. you may just have to raise the hell out of your car man. that's a lot of diameter to be swinging around up there especially if the car is lowered.

*I'm also assuming its an e36 and i think i may be wrong.. maybe try and pull some caster out as well?
    There's totally a change I have to go to this event like a monster truck up front, but I'm trying to avoid it!
    I'm in an e46 non M, SLR super kit with 30mm spacers

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    did you do the SLR lollipops? They can add in a ton of caster. At one point I was running something like 9* and my tires would touch the front bumper and cracked my HARD flares, and I am at monster tuck height,

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Nope, didn’t do the lollipops. Honestly ordered the kit earlier then I originally planned to get it before tomorrow’s event, so I didn’t have the money. I’m content with the 6 degrees for now, and I certainly can’t go for more with these tires.
    I’m all packed up in my car and my buddy’s bringing 5 of my tires for me so I can retain visibility, since he’s driving his wagon there anyway. Looking forward to this event, had to skip two due to financial restrictions, and I just can’t wait to be out there.