Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: ---> Need Advice On Touch-up Paint

My Cars
    2004 325i and 1985 Ferrari Testarosso(2 weeks!!)

---> Need Advice On Touch-up Paint

Ok to make a long story short... I had a minor paint chip from a parking tap, I researched the methods from this site and bought the paint [silver grey metallic] from the dealership and langka. I put the paint on and let it dry for about 48 hours following the directions according to langka. At 48 hours I used the langka and it worked perfectly. However, the touchup paint is nowhere close to matching the original paint. The touchup paint is nearly black. I tested the paint on some scrap paper and when applied thin it comes out as silver grey. The problem I have is that I can't fill a scratch up unless I use a fairly large drop of paint.

The langka worked perfectly and I used rubbing alcohol to remove the rest of the touchup paint so I can start over.

-Jeff

Any pics of the area that you applied langka on? I'd really like to see how langka leveled the blob off.

My Cars
    M3/4
    Metallics are very hard to match because of the metal flake in them. Unless you respray the entire area, it's not going to blend seamlessly. The best you can do is match the overall color. As long as you matched via the paint codes it's about as good as it's going to get.

My Cars
    2004 325i and 1985 Ferrari Testarosso(2 weeks!!)
    Well I've figured out the problem. Apparently I didn't shake the bottle enough. It matches a lot better now but still isn't perfect. And I'll try to post some pics up. The langka worked really well.

My Cars
    1995 m3, ninja 500r
    I would like to see that. I have quite a few door dings on my doors right now, and wanted to see if touch-up paint was viable.