Thread: Lousy first and last experience with FCP Euro - Buyer Beware

My Cars
    84 633csi, 2X65 Corvairs

Lousy first and last experience with FCP Euro - Buyer Beware

Its cheaper and hassle free over at Rock Auto, ECS, Pelican and Turner. If you prefer the run-around and get tempted bythe lifetime warranty as stated on the FCP website and you will wait a lifetime.It's now over a month that a defective-in-shipping BMW headlight costing over $1000.00 was received by me and returned to FCP Euro, and they still have not issued a credit after I waited for a replacement headlight. They will send numerous emails from different members all apologizing while they "investigate" where the problem lies. But still they did not issue a credit even though the defective unit was returned to them. They will make counter demands if you suggest that resolution with the credit card company is my best resolution. Writing to top brass is a waste of time since he will open the email but does not nothing to aleviate the problem, but have someone else "apologize". Now they write back to saying that they are "disappointed" with my shopping experience - you can imagine that I'm not happy with it either.You have all the choice in the world including those sources above and Amazon, but you won't get far with FCP when you need them for after sale support. I didn't save any money and has cost me a lot of time and aggrevation.Buyer Beware

My Cars
    '95 E36 M3
    How long have they had the headlight and not refunded you?

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Why don't you phone them? E-mails are pretty easy to ignore, especially if they are going to cost you $1K.
    I've had problems with FCP in the past but they have always resolved it in a satisfactory manner. Can't say the same for Rock Auto.
    My guess is they are doing battle with the shipper for damage claim and not wanting to cough up to you until the shipper pays up, if they bothered to insure for full value. Not saying that's right but I'd bet on it.
    Good luck, keep us all posted as FCP is an often recommended vendor around here.
    Last edited by ross1; 03-08-2023 at 11:24 AM.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue