eBMWParts

Thread: suspension refresh advice

My Cars
    e46 330ci

suspension refresh advice

Good morning folks, i have recently bought an e46 330ci with 170k on the car has a few issues which im addressing but the shock's and spring's seem good how ever im wanting to refresh everything else and im struggling to find a kit that sell's all bushes in one apart from powerflex polybushes which im not over keen on. I plan on buying front control arms that come with track rod ends inner and outer and bushes come with it so i guess i wouldnt need the bushes for the control arms given they come them. Im struggling to recognise the difference on ebay as to whats quality oem and what isn't some control arms with track rod ends ect are either £130 or £300. I dont suppose anyone has done this recently and can point me in the right direction? Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by jonjo1991; 06-26-2018 at 01:36 AM.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Don't buy stuff on ebay if you care about getting quality/OEM parts. Most of the stuff on there is junk.

Get the part numbers for your bushings from realoem.com and get the OEM replacement bushings (and any other OEM parts) from somewhere like fcpeuro or pelican parts. For bushings Lemforder is always a good bet as they are OEM on these cars. It will say on fcpeuro or wherever which OEM makes each part, and often there are multiple options for each part ranging from the expensive "genuine BMW", to the less expensive but basically identical European OEM's (Lemforder, Bosch, FAG, Behr, etc...), down to the cheap overseas stuff like URO.

If you want aftermarket poly, which it doesn't sound like you do, you can buy direct from one of the aftermarket suppliers like powerflex, AKG, rogue, ECS, or whatever. You can also find them carried at sites like bimmerworld, ECS, and Turner.
    1999 M3/2/5 - Titanium Silver - Track/Weekend Toy

My Cars
    e46 330ci
    Thanks very much for that reply its extremely helpful. Il go to the site now and get them ordered thank's again