Thread: Cas3 or cas3+ key programming

My Cars
    96 328is

Cas3 or cas3+ key programming

I see all kinds of software that claims to program cas3 or cas3+ keys. Has anyone used any reasonably priced ones? Say around $300-400ish or less? When my mom bought the car it only had one key and before talking to me she ordered 2 keys off amazon, so i want to find a programmer that would be cheaper than the dealer which wants at least $250 a key, closer to $270 each with a cut blade.

Please dont reply saying go to the dealer or call a locksmith because its the only way, it's not. I have talked to ppl that have done it but their software is just too expensive. This thread is only for helpful info from people that have had luck programming aftermarket keys. If you dont have helpful info on programming keys, or just going to say it cant be done go to a dealer or locksmith, please dont waste your time or mine replying

My Cars
    2008 535xi, 2001 330ci
    This may help you, I will be trying my Launch X431 pro, to try and do a similar thing if it works I will get back to you, unfortunately the price of the unit is much more expensive than taking it to the dealer, but in the long run if it works I will be using it for my own shop, so it would money well spent if you are in a similar instance as myself.