Thread: Headers for the v10 e63

My Cars
    BMW M6 M63 V10 6 sp

Headers for the v10 e63

I'm looking into headers for the E63 V10. Seriously thinking of going "not to be driven on the street car" which means I don't need catalytic converters. The 2ry cats will stay in place. I would prefer equal length headers. There are several options. There's a YouTube video where the stock headers are gutted... looks like a redneck job to me. The OEM headers have narrow tubes and crimp areas that restrict flow even without the cats. There are several aftermarket units that appear to be stock headers with removable cats, there's a long tube set that has the O2 sensors very close together. And there are the Supersprints (or $hould I $ay $$uper$print$?). Any ideas, suggestions, past experiences will be appreciated. (Yes, I looked at the eBay models, they only fit RIGHT hand drive models).

My Cars
    BMW M6 M63 V10 6 sp
    OK... 120+ views and not a single comment. Here's a direct question: if I use the high flow catless headers with the O2 sensors close together at the collector, I am assuming there will be a big CEL. Some vendors state they will sell the headers, some mention having to reprogram the CPU to avoid the CEL. I have contacted header sellers directly, no answer. Any comments? Somebody out there must be running aftermarket headers... ??? Kindly share your experiences.

My Cars
    e36 M3/4/5, 08 M5 6sp
    I'll be going this route later this year...
    http://fastattackmotorsports.com/ind...product_id=249

you definitely want to get a tune when you get headers, and with that the need for O2 sensors goes away.

My Cars
    07 M6, 17 Bolt, 12 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by AR424 View Post
    I'll be going this route later this year...
    http://fastattackmotorsports.com/ind...product_id=249

you definitely want to get a tune when you get headers, and with that the need for O2 sensors goes away.
    Hope to hear how it turns out.
    Link is broken, but assuming you meant Infinity Design Headers.

They look great, but wondering how many heat shields or wires need to be bent or relocated.

My Cars
    BMW M6 M63 V10 6 sp
    Hello lunarx: did you get the pics? If you did, can you post them here to share?

My Cars
    BMW M6 M63 V10 6 sp
    For whatever reason, I am beginning to think this tread is a monologue with observers: hope no one of the viewers is a psychiatrist. To end this tread, I went and picked up the oem headers, just to have them in case in the distant future I sell the car out of state.

S U R P R I S E !!! I have never seen such small diameter crimped twisted headers on any car, not even my daughter's old 1600 cc Miata. The M6 is allegedly a supercar... The Agency Power headers sure make a statement.

As I had stated, these headers have strange looking turns and bends at the rearmost cylinders, but better than anything on the best of the oem's. My opinion/advise to the M5-M6 community is to get aftermarket headers ASAP. That thing about degutting the oem's is the worst recommendation that can be. You will have a shock when you see these oem's !! I had a good reflash done (took forever to get it right, my friends at VIVID helped a lot), my car is still 400+ miles into break-in. I also did bearing change. I haven't gone past 3000 rpm, the ONLY occasional 4000 rpm events have been few and seldom. Once I reach 500 miles my redline will be 5500 rpm, then at 1000 miles, oil change, then... FUN !!

I have several pics from my iPhone that I can share. Don't know how to put them on the forum treads. If anybody wants to see the project as it was going on, PM me, I will send you the pics. Impressive ! I will include the oem headers pics to help you make up your mind.

(mike drop) END OF TREAD.
    Last edited by jvsantosmd; 01-22-2019 at 11:34 PM.