Thread: M50B25TU for sale?

My Cars
    BMW E36 & Lexus ES

M50B25TU for sale?

Hey guys,. I'm new to this forum and to the BMW world. I just picked up an E36 325i last week and I love it. I'm not going to get too much into my story, but basically I have lifter tick, and I was going to replace the bad lifter (or all of them at because why not) but since my engine is sitting at 281xxx miles I figure it's probably better to just replace the engine overall. Does anybody have a M50B25TU for sale, or know where I can get one? I've been looking for a few hours and only found one down in San Diego (I'm from
    west Orange County by Long Beach) and I just wanted to have backup options or basically see if I'm just not looking hard enough. I hope to hear from someone soon, thank you!

My Cars
    03 530i/5, e30 s52(Sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonReed View Post
    Hey guys,. I'm new to this forum and to the BMW world. I just picked up an E36 325i last week and I love it. I'm not going to get too much into my story, but basically I have lifter tick, and I was going to replace the bad lifter (or all of them at because why not) but since my engine is sitting at 281xxx miles I figure it's probably better to just replace the engine overall. Does anybody have a M50B25TU for sale, or know where I can get one? I've been looking for a few hours and only found one down in San Diego (I'm from
    west Orange County by Long Beach) and I just wanted to have backup options or basically see if I'm just not looking hard enough. I hope to hear from someone soon, thank you!
    https://losangeles.craigslist.org/se...ery=m50+engine

I'd look at craigslist or even ebay for cheap ones. You can also grab an m52 and convert it back to obd-1 with the parts from your current m50. That would be a pretty easy swap that would yield more power also. You can look up the obd-1 conversion to see exactly what it will take to complete it which is fairly simple. Good luck