Thread: Front passenger door got Stuck after Car was unlocked!

My Cars
    '97 BMW 725tds e38

Front passenger door got Stuck after Car was locked!

Hello its me again...but with another issue! Yay.....

Lets get started with the next Problem...
    After i Had parked my Car for about 20 mins after i went to Go Shop for groceries i unlocked the Car, everything unlocked normally fine but as i Tried to Open the passenger Front door, BAM closed, aint opening from the inside nor the outside, both handles Work fine, i can hear that both make a click but the the door wont Open. And before i Had locked my Car the door worked perfectly fine....at Home i Tried to Lock and unlocked the Car with all the possibilities the Car has but Nada aint opening anytime soon, Then i removed the door Panel...was quite a pain in the Butt but still got it Off pretty undamaged, as i checked at the door actuator both handles are connected and move normal but the door Lock wouldnt Open. The window works and the locking Process works fine aswell, Well except my broken window Regulator that barely works but thats a whole 'nother Story...😂
    So my question is now....
    How in the World can i get that door Open??
    Everything seems to Work fine only that the lock itself wont unlock, nothing works i Tried the outside and inside handle pulled and gave the actuator light pounds...but No nothing wont Open, stays shut ....😅

Thanks in advance!

My Cars
    99 840ci Sport Indv
    As you have the door panel off you can remove the black plastic actuator body and then move the catch mechanism by hand.

Pictures (of the rear actuator) here:

https://www.meeknet.co.uk/E38/Actuator/Index.htm
    Last edited by Timm; 06-22-2018 at 03:30 PM.
    Timm..2007 E64 650i Individual Sport..1999 E31 840ci Individual Sport..ex owner of 2000 E38 740..1999 E38 740i V8 M62..1998 E38 735i V8..1993 E32 730i V8..1988 E28 518i

My BMW Repair YouTube Channel
    My Current 840ci Sport Individual
    My Current 650ci Sport Individual
    My E31 Repair and Information Website
    My E38 Repair and Information Website
    My E63/E64 Repair and Information Website

Chase - Heroes to a generation

My Cars
    '97 BMW 725tds e38
    I got that door Open! Without the instruction though....
    Turns Out that both of my door handles couldnt pull the Last "click", because as i unlatched my inner door handle and pulled the Wire Rope it Made an even further click and voila! Door magically opened! Afterwards i Tried again both handles and the door works properly! How can that be understandable?...i guess that with the door slamming the door needs, maybe Something got pushed to far and Then the wires werent able to pull the Lock fully?

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740iL
    The little "claw" type thingie that holds your door striker (the thing mounted to the car the door holds onto) likely got bound up somehow. You were releasing the catch (your first "click") but the claw wasn't letting go. I'm going to guess you manually grabbing the wire and moving it beyond it's normal movement limits pulled slightly on the latch itself and it freed up. I'd oil/grease that thing up.

My Suburban used to do the exact same thing sometimes. Never did figure out why, it was random. Worked 99.9% of the time. But when it didn't, it was exactly as you describe. Some part of the latch just isn't letting go. Wish I had a "fix" for you, but other than oiling it up I got nothing for ya.
    2001 740iL "Silver Beauty"
    1986 Porsche 951 "Silver Bullet"
    1987 Porsche 944 NA Auto (rebuilding for my son's first car)
    https://home.doonze.net/filepage.php <- BMW/Porsche doc's and files, work in progress

My Cars
    '97 BMW 725tds e38
    Yeah Same, lubricated it completely with oil, works easier than before. As Long as it works and aslong as i can get it that way Open if its Stuck again im Happy 😁