Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 French GP @ Circuit Paul Ricard

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird

2018 French GP @ Circuit Paul Ricard

In case you aren't aware of this tracks layout, here it is:

I kind of miss the old Magny-Cours track but I do look forward to racing here.

Drivers Points
    Sebastian Vettel 121
    Lewis Hamilton 120
    Valtteri Bottas 86
    Daniel Ricciardo 84
    Kimi Raikkonen 68
    Max Verstappen 50
    Fernando Alonso 32
    Nico Hulkenberg 32
    Carlos Sainz 24
    Kevin Magnussen 19
    Pierre Gasly 18
    Sergio Perez 17
    Esteban Ocon 11
    Charles Leclerc 10
    Stoffel Vandoorne 8
    Lance Stroll 4
    Marcus Ericsson 2
    Brendon Hartley 1
    Romain Grosjean 0
    Sergey Sirotkin 0

Constructors
    Ferrari 189
    RBR 134
    Renault 56
    Mclaren 40
    Force India 28
    Toro Rosso 19
    Haas 19
    Sauber 12
    Williams 4

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    I was also disappointed when they chose Paul Ricard over Magny-Cours. I hope that FIA made the right decision. They announced 2 DRS zones, but may add a 3rd, after the end of the Mistral Straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    ∞FX37,M3a/4,94 332
    1st) Vettel
    2nd) MB
    3rd) MB
    [IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Ferrari is going to replace Raikkonen with Leclerc next year.

My Cars
    BMW & Lotus
    Just a rumor.

In other news, Ericsson crashes because of the wind and Sirotkin stops in the wrong pits because of the sun.
    '14 Evora S - Chrome Orange/Ebony
    '02 M5 - Carbon Black/Silverstone
    '15 M235i xDrive - Mineral Grey/Black

My Cars
    ∞FX37,M3a/4,94 332
    I like the track's layout when looking at the track map, but don't care for how it looks from the onboard shots.

How many cars do you guys think will be taken out the first few turns? I will guess 3.
    [IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    What are the chances that French people could create something that is not confusing

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Wow, Grosjean's error really helped Leclerc on his already great day. He got on track in Q3 and beat Magnussen too to take 8th!!

Expecting a boring race again since Mercedes is so much faster, and then Ferrari is a bit faster than Red Bull. Which means Vettel will be pretty safely and alone in p3. Of course Kimi will be at the back of the pack (of the 3 top teams) since he's not at a level to be ahead of the Red Bulls even though his car is a bit faster. Especially during the race he won't, as usual, even try any overtakes.
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    ∞FX37,M3a/4,94 332
    Weather could make it better than we are expecting.

Screen Shot 2018-06-23 at 8.10.10 PM.png
    [IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    More overtakes at this race. DRS worked well here. The thug unleashing carnage again. He rams Bottas and ruins his race, hits Grosjean and spins Alonso. For all that he only gets 5 sec penalty. They shouldve given him 30 sec stop-and-go penalty.

My Cars
    ∞FX37,M3a/4,94 332
    Going into turn 1, Vettel almost ran into Hamilton. He got a great start and the draft too.

At this point, Williams and McLaren need to take 1 of their cars and change all of the aero and suspension.
    [IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Nothing more than a lap one racing incident. Bottas knew it was a risky move to shut the door like that, just as Vettel knew it was a risk to go for it. That’s why they’re racing drivers. Vettel was a passenger once he lost downforce on the front wing.

My Cars
    BMW & Lotus
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    Nothing more than a lap one racing incident. Bottas knew it was a risky move to shut the door like that, just as Vettel knew it was a risk to go for it. That’s why they’re racing drivers. Vettel was a passenger once he lost downforce on the front wing.
    This.

I hate the new post-race format where they stuff a mic in the drivers' faces the second they step out of the car. Can't believe Brundle thought LuLu should get driver of the race. Not sure if anyone else caught that. Good race for Kmag.

My Cars
    BMW & Lotus
    I cannot believe how much of a fuss there is over Vettel locking up and clipping Bottas on lap 1. How many times has that exact scenario happened in a race on lap 1?

Also, what happened with Grosjean to earn him a 5 sec penalty? I heard Ocon say he made contact with him but they never showed it, only the part where Gasly hit him.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by m3fuz View Post
    I was also disappointed when they chose Paul Ricard over Magny-Cours. I hope that FIA made the right decision. They announced 2 DRS zones, but may add a 3rd, after the end of the Mistral Straight.
    The circuit is uninteresting, flat as piss on a plate and hincky chicane. The mountain backdrop makes me think there must be some interesting terrain near there.

Am I the only one driven nuts by those blue and red stripes? Supposedly some high friction paint to help slow the cars but couldn't it be black?
    Was hoping to see a red car win.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    I've said it before, I'll say it again: multiple tire compounds are a waste of time and money, and the required pit stops are an attempt at manufactured excitement.

You know what's exciting? Actually seeing racing drivers race their race cars. It's such a simple fix with only upsides as far as I can tell.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    ∞FX37,M3a/4,94 332
    Quote Originally Posted by ross1 View Post
    Am I the only one driven nuts by those blue and red stripes?
    Nope! It is the visual equivalent of nails on a chalkboard.
    [IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVA164 View Post
    I've said it before, I'll say it again: multiple tire compounds are a waste of time and money, and the required pit stops are an attempt at manufactured excitement.

You know what's exciting? Actually seeing racing drivers race their race cars. It's such a simple fix with only upsides as far as I can tell.
    Agreed, it is ridiculous as are many current regs. Restore pit stops for fueling and different strategies will manufacture enough excitement.
    F1 needs plenty more fixing than this. The silly cars suck, 3rd world "circuits" suck, SKY really sucks.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    I really don't mind Sky that much. But I guess I'm not sure what would make a broadcast better or worse than theirs.

My Cars
    BMW & Lotus
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVA164 View Post
    I really don't mind Sky that much. But I guess I'm not sure what would make a broadcast better or worse than theirs.
    I don't either, but they really don't try too hard to hide their love for HAM and their disdain for VET.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    David Croft is annoying and says a lot of dumb things. His bizarre need to yell the order of the cars in one breath at every race start is going to lead me to an early grave. Yelling does not add excitement. Brundle occasionally adds an element of experience and knowledge, but often resorts to "I wouldn't do that" commentary, which is rich coming from a guy that did not manage a single win in over a decade in the sport. Ted Kravitz is pretty awful as well. I don't mind Anthony Davidson or PDR because they know what they're talking about and keep it pretty objective. Simon Lazenby is mostly just a TV presenter and doesn't add much to the show beyond that. Johnny Herbert is a short know it all. I saved Damon Hill for last. That guy is the worst. Almost everything he says is cringeworthy.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    I generally only watch race broadcasts so I only experience the first group, but I'm sad to hear Damon Hill sucks. I agree "Crofty" (sigh) rambles a lot, and he tries too hard with wordplay sometimes. I generally like Brundle's take on things. Wins or not, he was pretty involved with the sport which gives him relevant insight.

My Cars
    ∞FX37,M3a/4,94 332
    The last few years, I was watching a Spanish speaking channel for race coverage that did not show any commercials, promos, or useless replays from the race before or previous years race during the live race. When Speed gave us access to live streaming of FP1 and FP3, it showed how many commercials and replays were taking away from live coverage. Then we got NBC, Nothing But Commercials/ Nothing But Commentators. Since Moto GP and WSB Superbike switched to BEIN (Al Jazera) I stopped watching them, F1 is the only racing I care to follow and I almost gave up on it.
    I can tune out the presenters, but if they go back to a Speed/NBC format and with mediocre competition, I give up on F1.
    [IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Bring back Varsha! He was the best part of the SpeedTV broadcasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    BMW & Lotus
    Yeah, I generally like Brundle as well. He's the voice of reason when Crofty gets carried away. Lazenby is unbearable almost all of the time. Di Resta is pretty good due to relevant experience and he doesn't typically show any biases.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast