Thread: 1985 E23 735i for sale

My Cars
    1985 BMW 735I

1985 E23 735i for sale

Selling our 1985 735i. It has approx 270k miles. We are the 3rd owners. The first owner was a pilot out of Georgia which had the car serviced at BMW until he sold the car to my best friends dad an airplane mechanic and BMW enthusiast. He bought the car in 2000. The restoration began in 2003-4. The car was unassembled and built back up. All new suspension, bilstein shocks with H&R lowing springs. Every bushing was changed, New rotors, pads, calipers and upgraded to stainless steel brake lines. Rear end was swapped out to a posi with 3.73 gears.(brings the car alive) Sitting on a set of Mille miglia 18s.

The interior was completely removed along with all the glass and the car was prepped for paint. The car was painted the factory color Bronzit Beige on top and black on bottom. A red pinstrip was added to break up the two tone.

Fat mat was installed through out the entire car while the interior was out of the car. The interior is the factory original leather interior. It was sanded down and reconditioned. The center console was dyed black. The carpet is nearly flawless. The seat are fully electric along with power windows, locks amd mirrors. I just recently installed a Kenwood head unit with dual phone bluetooth.

The engine is the original big six 3.5L M30. The engine has approx 270k miles. (No need to rebuild. No leaks, she is running strong and always starts.) I recently installed the Miller performance maf conversion. What a difference. The engine idles so much better, improved performance and throttle response. Other than the maf upgrade the motor is stock. Has brand new injectors, brand new fuel regulator, both fuel pumps have been replaced.

The cons:

AC does not work. It needs further investigation and someone with a bit more knowledge of BMW. It does have a brand new ac compressor and dryer.

Cruise control does not work. I replaced the computer, the actuator and the crusie control lever but still could not get it to work.

The paint is not flawless there are some blemishes. This is a drivers car. I drive it on the weekends and take it to as many cars shows i can. So there are blemishes. You must see in person. I have nothing hide.

The brakes system need a good flush.

Windshield trim still needs to be refinished and installed.

I am including all the spart parts that i have. I have a pair of factory electric designed by recaro sport seats. I have a stainless steel exhaust from a 6 series that i was going to custom fit to the 7 series. I am also including a rebuilt Euro spec M30 inline 6 with a used spare transmission. The transmission is the electric version ( sport mode selector) but i do not have the computer for it. That was on the to get list if it came to it. The transmission can be rebuilt into the non electric version.

Depending on the selling price i may include a set of factory BBS style 5 17in rims that i am in the middle of restoring. With a set of brand new hankook tires.

I have enjoyed this car for the past 2 years but my heart has never been BMW. I want and older gmc or chevy pickup 1940s to 1960s maybe 70s if i find the right one. This is a beautiful and great crusing car. You will be hard to find another like it. She is a beauty. Best to see her in person.

Here is the link to my craigslist ad.
    https://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/...602770319.html

I am asking $7500 or best offer. I am open to offers.
    Last edited by Dwane82; 06-22-2018 at 05:41 PM.

My Cars
    E21/early e23/e34
    Don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like you might be a little ambitious on the pricing- also, that two tone paint is hard to conceptualize without images.
    You should really put up some images showing the car with it's best foot forward to attract buyers at that price point.
    Just my 02-

My Cars
    1985 BMW 735I
    No offense taken. The picture upload was giving me a hard time. The price is on the high side but i am including extras with the car.

My Cars
    1985 BMW 735I
    Here is the link to my craigslist ad.
    https://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/...602770319.html

My Cars
    1978 BMW E23 733i
    still available?

My Cars
    1985 BMW 735I
    Yes it is.

My Cars
    1978 BMW E23 733i
    Any performance bits on it you'd be willing to part with?