Hello,

I have been slowly working on a 1996 E38 750iL, with the idea of restoring it to original glory. It ran an drove perfectly until the starter motor died. Not a great problem to change so swapped that out and she now starts perfectly. Unfortunately I no have no throttle and after a lot of searching it seems that I may have to resync the throttle bodies.
The general consensus is that it is easy to do the DIS recommended process a combination of turn the key to position 2 wait, turn it of, wait, back on etc.. ( i cant remember it exactly but it is easy to find online).
Unfortunately the kickdown switch has not worked the entire time i have owned the car and as this is an integral part of the process I cant use this method. I have tried swapping the switch it for a known working one but no joy there.
I have seen that a lot of people have had success using INPA to reset the throttles but I have never used it and was wondering if anybody can tell me the process of using INPA to rest the throttles. I know that it is very easy to brick the ECU's with INPA so I would love it if somebody could point me in the right direction.
I have read a number of guides online but cant find anything in depth enough to cover this process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Simon