Thread: I almost never have a pass in the coupe...

I almost never have a pass in the coupe...

passenger.

and that includes a wife..lol

I just love being alone in it.....heck, I love being alone period

But yesterday had the wife out for a 60 mi cruise up north in NY, 100 mi above NYC area...Cold Spring area..very purdy..nice roads...

She usually and always hates the car..its too raw, un civilized, rides rough, too loud( MF can on it) etc etc etc.

She drives a nice leased MB sedan..her dream car...she leases and releases......and hates all my old cars!

so yesterday it was nice sunny and warm...it was MY day...and I see thru my peripheral vision shes playing w/ my headliner area by s/r..shes looking for like a "sunshade", I just know it....I let her be for like 4 mins.......and then say "there is no shade there.."

her response

"this car is horrible, its got over 200k miles, you never let any1 near it....the ac barely works....the sun is baking my brain..I feel every crack in the road..y do u even keep it..."

I really do love this thing
    Last edited by jrkoupe; 06-18-2018 at 04:52 PM.

My Cars
    98 Z3 2.8
    My girlfriend loves my old cars... She drives a 94 Miata herself. But the lack of sun-shade, absolutely not. I covered that up long ago lol.
    96 320i Touring
    98 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    01 PY M Coupe
    96 Z3 1.9 - DASC
    95 318ti Clubsport
    94 Miata M-Edition
    13 smart fortwo

My Cars
    1998 Z3M, 2006 330i
    Get another wife. There are hundreds of thousands of available women, but only a few Z3M's. My wife actually likes my car, but she's never spent a whole day in it.

zella...:

good point

wanna tell my wife that?........Ill serve beer!

T95:

shes a keeper

My Cars
    2000 S54 - Mcoupe
    Mine loves old cars, loves how mine looks, but HATES riding in it. LOL

Something about the seats and the position of it that makes her not like the ride. So my excuse there was to get NEW seats....and automatically said "oh so a racing seat is gonna help?"

Denied.
    Last edited by z3m.casey; 06-18-2018 at 06:50 PM.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Mine owns the car. I just daily drive it and maintain it...problem solved!

My Cars
    2001 MCoupe
    My coupe was my wife’s for the first 12 years of its life. She still loves it and will beg to take it out for a drive now and then.
    2001 Steel Gray MCoupe - 147,000 miles and owned since new. MCS 2WNR suspension, Hotchkiss swaybar, poly bushings all around, cat delete headers with custom tune, 3.73 LSD, and Clownshoe Motorsports rear subframe reinforcement.

2014 Porsche Cayman S / 2022 BMW X3M Competition / 2020 Ram Rebel

My Cars
    99 Coupe Hell Yeah Red
    My wife has put the most miles on the coupe until she had a multiple rear swapping moment at 80mph avoiding a carpet roll on the expressway. Hasn't driven it since, but she never complains about riding in it...... She loves the car even with its low KW suspension, bearing supports and forced induction; hard to imagine....well, not really! Did you remove the passenger sun shade? Seems like an easy fix, and my AC works just fine.
    Last edited by Zoupe6; 06-20-2018 at 01:47 AM.

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    I'm with you--I don't want passengers--where would I put my glasses? My wife doesn't exactly hate the car, but she certainly won't ride in it--it's too "jouncy."

My Cars
    z3
    My issue isn't getting the gf into the car, she enjoys them when they run... My issue is convincing her its worth it when I'm paying for repairs. Luckily we don't share bank accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Zoupe6 View Post
    My wife has put the most miles on the coupe until she had a multiple rear swapping moment at 80mph avoiding a carpet roll on the expressway. Hasn't driven it since, but she never complains about riding in it...... She loves the car even with its low KW suspension, bearing supports and forced induction; hard to imagine....well, not really! Did you remove the passenger sun shade? Seems like an easy fix, and my AC works just fine.
    pass sun shade?

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 1.9L 5MT
    Quote Originally Posted by jrkoupe View Post
    pass sun shade?
    Even my Oct 96 1.9 has a pass shade with a mirror. But though my wife bought the car for me, she will not ride in it for the usual reasons. She likes her big old Buick.
    BMW MOA 696, BMW CCA 1405

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    Guess I'm lucky? My wife loves to go for rides in the M Roadster. We don't usually go for more than an hour or two.

lucky?..

I thought I was lucky..lol

sun shade,..omg.....u mean visor..I have both

Our coupes w/ a s/r had no sun shade....I recall they were avail aftermarket tho..or bmw sold one?..not sure.....but stock?...no

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage42 View Post
    Even my Oct 96 1.9 has a pass shade with a mirror. But though my wife bought the car for me, she will not ride in it for the usual reasons. She likes her big old Buick.
    I bought a 04 LeSabre 6 mos ago.....mint..........looooove it.....bought if for son..he haaates it.........I love big old dailys

My Cars
    99 Coupe Hell Yeah Red
    Ah, Ok! A bit of misinterpretation. I attempted to make one a few years ago. It worked ok but I quit using it. My sunroof looks to be tinted and doesn't transmit much light. I have read that this can be problematic, but it was that way when I purchased the car. I bought a Subi Outback 3.6R for my daily driver (very peppy), but the wife has taken that over. It's like driving a new car every time I get to use it.

lol

all are tinted

btw.....your red is kinda rare. IIRC its got alot of orange in it...and I like it
    Last edited by jrkoupe; 06-20-2018 at 12:50 PM.