Thread: Jesus Bolt Round 1 Re-Visited.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740i

Jesus Bolt Round 1 Re-Visited.

I know this subject has been recycled often in the past, however I have to ask: The M-62 crankshaft holder; where is there a place on the subframe of an 2001 740i to "prop this tool against the cars sub-frame"? I couldn't see one, unless its covered by something which needs to be removed first. I used breaker bars on the crankshaft hub and the M62 tool and broke a socket wrench and socket adapter, but didn't budge the bolt. Still praying to Jesus for a way to accomplish this. Socket wrench was a Great Neck 3/4 inch. I was beginning to think it was reverse threaded....nope. I've gone over the "tricks" and other posts and wonder if the Pittsburg 27" Socket is the problem. I used an adapter to bring out the break bar from the hood to get a better leverage. I tried without the adapter and nothing. I tried 135 PSI Craftsman compressor attached to Earthquake XT impact tool, after spraying Blaster PB a few times. Another 3/4" socket wrench with a different socket? I would like to try the M62 tool under the subframe of the car if I can locate the spot. I seem to have the right breaker bars.... Please help with any suggestions. subframe.jpgClose up M62 tool.jpgbreak bar setup.jpgbroken socket wrench.jpgattached breakbars.jpg

My Cars
    98 740il, 00 540i
    I have a prefacelift car, but the holder tool went under the driver's side frame rail with a block of wood as a spacer.

I used a Craftsman 3/4 inch breaker bar with a 27mm impact deep socket for the bolt. I bought a 4ft galvanized steel pipe at the hardware store and a thin walled PVC pipe as a spacer between the steel pipe and breaker bar. It took a lot of force but it came out.
    1998 740il | 9/97 build | 215k | schwarz 2 | sandbeige
    mods: m-pars | Bilsteins & B&G springs | suede headliner | Arduino w/ custom I-bus coding | Android HDMI on nav | ValentineOne | StealthOne | llumar ceramic tint | bmw aux w/ 2A usb charging
    retrofits: full nav | MKIV | bluetooth TCU | SES voice recognition | BM53 w/ AUX input | video module w/ AV input | backup cam | I-bus 6 CDC | oem sirius xm | oem xenon | power rear sunshade and side shades | PDC front and rear | rain sensing wipers | BMW DWS tire pressure monitor | interior and exterior lighted door handles | front seat heaters | heated steering wheel | euro rear fog lights | ski pass with non-ski pass arm rest | folding mirrors

My Cars
    740iL (E38 '01)
    The holder goes under the subframe on the driver side as racer2086 said above, but you need to remove the brake breather or whatever that black plastic thing is called. Easy to remove it.
    I have used this breaker bar: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 with this socket: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

- - - Updated - - -

This is how the proper setup looks like. Good times!

DSC06849.jpg

My Cars
    2001 740iL Prod 4/2000
    Same setup on mine, but I used a jackstand on the right to rest the tool on. Impact socket, 3/4" breaker bar, 6 foot section of stainless steel
    aircraft pipe I had laying around. Still took a good bit of force to move it the first millimeter.....

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740i
    Great Picture George; I can work with this one. I won't need a helper either; they're never around when you need them. LOL Hope to have good news tomorrow and be saying, "Thank-You JESUS." I have like an 8 foot steel breaker bar like they use for fence posts; no problem there.

My Cars
    740iL (E38 '01)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Scholder View Post
    Great Picture George; I can work with this one. I won't need a helper either; they're never around when you need them. LOL Hope to have good news tomorrow and be saying, "Thank-You JESUS." I have like an 8 foot steel breaker bar like they use for fence posts; no problem there.
    It will come off then. Rest of the task is relatively easy, I only found the timing challenging for the first time. But you are still a long way from there Good luck!

My Cars
    '01 740i, '93 300ZX TT
    Use an impact extension and socket, that's what they're made for... high torque. My HF Earthquake impact wasn't enough on the normal setting of the air compressor set at 90psi. Had to turn it up to 120 and having already had the bolt soaking in pb blaster, was able to get it off quite easily.

My Cars
    740iL (E38 '01)
    Quote Originally Posted by PiotrC70 View Post
    Use an impact extension and socket, that's what they're made for... high torque. My HF Earthquake impact wasn't enough on the normal setting of the air compressor set at 90psi. Had to turn it up to 120 and having already had the bolt soaking in pb blaster, was able to get it off quite easily.
    Good point, I forgot about the PB blaster, had it on it for a day.