Thread: 08 550i no start - need help

My Cars
    08 550i

08 550i no start - need help

Ive put myself in a real bad spot by buying this 08 550i that does not start off a Neighbor.

Ive been troubleshooting and the first thing i noticed was that i do not hear the fuel pump priming. I cranked it several times and no dice. I removed a spark Plug expecting it to be wet and it was absolutely dry.

I wanted to test the pump externally so i decided to remove it and i completely cracked the housing. So i installed a used one, with the filter and no start.

I replaced the fuel pump relay as well. Ive been pressing on the valve on the fuel rail to see if im getting fuel pressure and only a tiny bit came out.

Well ive finally gotten to hear the pump prime by opening up the relay and pressing on it. I tried holding the relay closed while someone else cranked the car and it did not start. I checked the fuel rail valve again and still no fuel.

What gives? Any way that the fuel line is blocked somewhere?

Btw i havent checked spark, nor air, since I'm sure that i am not getting gas to the engine. Also, it does have gas in the tank. And i tried starting with maf unplugged. Also tried spraying carb cleaner in the throttle (im going to buy starter fluid and try again). But i did notice that the throttle flap only opened up about 4mm when cranking, idk if that says anything.

Codes popping up are:
    P1327
    P1634
    P2103
    P0444
    P1101
    P1638
    P320d
    P1637

My Cars
    08 550i
    Ok well i unplugged the fuel line going to the rails and put a it in a bottle to see if it was pumping fuel, and it did! I checked fuel pressure and i am getting fuel to the rails.

So now my question is, is there some sort of safety device that will disable the injectors from spraying?

Im going to crank it a bit more right now and pull all the spark plugs to see if any are wet, and then ill check spark.

My Cars
    08 550i
    Just thought i would update in case its any use to anyone.

The issue was the dme. I replaced that, the Ignition switch, corresponding fob, and a box underneath the dash and it started right up.

I bought all the components as a kit so i wouldnt need to take it to get programmed.

My Cars
    2000 528iT; 2008 550i/6
    So now that you got it started and hopefully drove it a bit, are you happy you made the purchase? Do you still have remaining codes to clear?
    2007 530i sport (Montreal Blue w/ gray interior)
    2008 550i sport (Alpine White w/ black interior)