Hi,
I have read thousands of posts already but they individually talks about my question. So let me explain.

For my 2011 335 E93 6spd- I recently installed VSRF 7 inch intercooler with a MHD stage 1+ 93 octane tune. Also ordered a charge pipe. Car is ar 103k miles.

I have most of the maintenance items covered already( in fact more than needed may be)- including suspension refresh ( control arms, struts, links,motor mount, transmission mount, fluids etc.)

The thing is this is my daily and I go on long trips often. I had ppk stage 2 and never ever had any problems during my trips. My trips are usually 2000 miles round trip. So reliability is a major requirement here.
I wanted additional power just for fun and occasional spirited driving. I go WOT once in a month may be.

Downpipes- I heard turbos work less and spools up faster hence adds more power. Do I have to install MHD stage 2+ ? Or I can run with Stage 1+ ? The reason I am asking is, stage 2+may be little too aggressive for my kind of use ( long trips, reliability, daily etc.). I was thinking to keep it at stage 1+ mainly and due to downpipe by default I gain some faster turbo pool. Or stage 2+also 'safer' like stage 1+ ?

For a daily and long cruiser- do you guys even recommend a downpipe? I heard the issues with emission, smell etc. Loudness I think not much but the smell could be a concern but I am not sure if thats really something concerning.

Any guidance will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk