Thread: First kill! - I6 vs V6

My Cars
    07 BMW 530i

First kill! - I6 vs V6

530i (I6) vs Genesis Coupe (V6)

So I was on an unknown highway in The Triangle at night...
    I saw a Hyundai Genesis Coupe doing about 70 mph. He had a loud exhaust, weaving in and out of traffic; and obviously testing a few of us as he sped by.

(Now, just for some background: I was actually trying to get a Genesis Coupe when I purchased my BMW. And it ended up being the better option for multiple reasons. After having it for a while, I definitely have no regrets about my choice. So when I saw that coupe ripping up the highway, I just knew I had to try him, y'know?! But back to the kill..)

I sped up and got next to him. By this time, we're both doing about 80 mph while trading the lead and a few glares back and forth. I take off on him and sure enough, he tries to keep up. We're both driving aggressively and maintaining speed. Luckily, there was little to no traffic at that point so we had plenty of room to breathe. I remember the Genesis coupe upping the ante a bit, and zooming by me doing about ...MPH...

When I looked around there was still plenty of space, so I saw his bet and raised him as well. I shifted down for more acceleration/RPM's, floored it, then shifted up and zoomed by him doing a little over ...MPH... and got about 4 or 5 cars in front of him. After that he kind of fell back, so i did as well; allowing him to catch up. We drove near each other; still exchanging the lead here and there for a few minutes. It was cool to see another driver that just enjoyed doing it well and having some fun with it.

I got off the highway shortly after that run for gas and saw another Genesis Coupe at the station. The driver and I ended up talking about the run I just had, tuners vs luxury/sports, what cars we had our eyes on next, etc. It was a nice way to end a night of driving and made me want a Genesis Coupe even more now, seeing one in action.

Till next time..
    Peace and be safe.

Last edited by RealE60; 08-23-2018 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Safety.

My Cars
    1998 Z3 with 1.9/auto
    I thought that your got your first kill story mixed up with the time you dated a girl without a pu**y!
    -Marshall

My Cars
    07 BMW 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by Cremaster View Post
    I thought that your got your first kill story mixed up with the time you dated a girl without a pu**y!
    If you're trolling, you're wasting your time.
    Real
    BMW 530i (E60)
    The 910 - 252 - 919

My Cars
    BMW M6 M63 V10 6 sp
    Your 530 I6 is a large 4 door sedan, luxury/comfort oriented. The Genesis Coupe is not. They come in 2 flavors, turbo I4 and n/a V6. Don't be mistaken: they are not M3 equivalents, but in the proper hands the I4 can be brought up to 300+ rwhp, the V6 comes with 340hp in stock form, several mods can bring them to 500+ rwhp without pulling the engine out! . Their bodies are said to be 30% more rigid than the E46 and E90's at about the same weight. There are tons of aftermarket parts for both models. And they have the Brembo brake and Quaife LSD as factory options. Let's not mention prices... My previous car before the M6 V10 E63 was... a Genesis Coupe.

My Cars
    2003 540it
    great victory!!

My Cars
    2014 BMW E84 X1 M
    Not bad.

My Cars
    07 BMW 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by jvsantosmd View Post
    Your 530 I6 is a large 4 door sedan, luxury/comfort oriented. The Genesis Coupe is not. They come in 2 flavors, turbo I4 and n/a V6. Don't be mistaken: they are not M3 equivalents, but in the proper hands the I4 can be brought up to 300+ rwhp, the V6 comes with 340hp in stock form, several mods can bring them to 500+ rwhp without pulling the engine out! . Their bodies are said to be 30% more rigid than the E46 and E90's at about the same weight. There are tons of aftermarket parts for both models. And they have the Brembo brake and Quaife LSD as factory options. Let's not mention prices... My previous car before the M6 V10 E63 was... a Genesis Coupe.
    I agree 100%. These are some of the reasons I wanted a Genesis Coupe in the first place. I went hard at a couple of dealers for one, but the credit didn't line up. I either didn't have enough credit history, or the bank would say the car was too high priced/too old/etc. So I went with the nicest car in the area I could find for the best price. That ended up being an E60. I don't have any regrets, though. My plan is to get the Genesis as my next car.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Olly84 View Post
    great victory!!
    Thanks, man! I appreciate it.
    Real
    BMW 530i (E60)
    The 910 - 252 - 919

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3
    I went and test drove the V6 coupe and it was definitely not a slouch. I had a lot of fun on that test drive, thanks to the dealer letting me go out on my own. He actually let me drive the turbo 4 and V6 back to back. I was not nearly as impressed with the turbo 4 (obviously), but that V6 did surprise me a bit. I actually talked some numbers with him, but ultimately decided to pursue an old dream and went with an E36 M3 instead.
    Glad you had fun chasing one down out on the roads though!

My Cars
    07 BMW 530i
    Ah man! I test drove about 4 of those coupes in the pursuit of getting one. I definitely liked the 3.8 V6 better than the turbo. I still plan on getting one after I've had enough of this BMW...or paid it off...whichever comes first lol.

Quote Originally Posted by irv0735indy View Post
    I went and test drove the V6 coupe and it was definitely not a slouch. I had a lot of fun on that test drive, thanks to the dealer letting me go out on my own. He actually let me drive the turbo 4 and V6 back to back. I was not nearly as impressed with the turbo 4 (obviously), but that V6 did surprise me a bit. I actually talked some numbers with him, but ultimately decided to pursue an old dream and went with an E36 M3 instead.
    Glad you had fun chasing one down out on the roads though!
    Real
    BMW 530i (E60)
    The 910 - 252 - 919

My Cars
    BMW M3
    NICE! That adrenaline rush must have been amazing

My Cars
    07 BMW 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by ericwudi0830 View Post
    NICE! That adrenaline rush must have been amazing
    Yea...almost too good lol.
    Real
    BMW 530i (E60)
    The 910 - 252 - 919

My Cars
    325is, 96 M3 Euro
    reading this was just just like watching FAF
    BMW E30 325is M20B33 in the making....... ITB's, roller rockers and stroked to the hilt

My Cars
    BMW M6 M63 V10 6 sp
    Not to be the bully on the block but... I recently did a rod bearing change on my E63 (V10), added intakes, catless headers, reflash: good for an estimated 560-580 flywheel hp/500 whp. (true... haven't dynoed it yet, but that's the estimate). Just passed the self imposed 1500 mile break-in period. A modded (RICED !!) Genesis Coupe with maybe 2" ground clearance and a fartcan exhaust sees my M6V10 license plate: it tried to start a game of cat and mouse when there was a nice piece on open empty highway... at approx 65 mph I downshifted to 3rd to redline, well over XXX 4th gear, pulled it up to redline, the looked back on the rear mirror... nobody in sight. Slowed down, kept going 65 mph. Approx 30 secs later the GenCoupe pulls by my side, rolls down his window and screams "WICKED !!!

My Cars
    N/A
    New here. Helped a neighbor do some work on a Genesis Coupe turbo-4. Car was kind of surprising, but my neighbor couldn't drive for crap. Scared him by hanging the tail out around a few corners. He eventually sold it when the turbo started to wear out. I have some familiarity with these cars, and they have some potential. Great to see some good kill stories, especially when the victim is a Genesis.

My Cars
    2015 BMW X3 AWD
    That story is insane. Nice one though.

My Cars
    07 BMW 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    reading this was just just like watching FAF
    Lol more comin'..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked1970 View Post
    New here. Helped a neighbor do some work on a Genesis Coupe turbo-4. Car was kind of surprising, but my neighbor couldn't drive for crap. Scared him by hanging the tail out around a few corners. He eventually sold it when the turbo started to wear out. I have some familiarity with these cars, and they have some potential. Great to see some good kill stories, especially when the victim is a Genesis.
    They definitely have potential. I still plan to get one after I've had my fun with this E60.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sugilite19 View Post
    That story is insane. Nice one though.
    Thanks man!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jvsantosmd View Post
    Not to be the bully on the block but... I recently did a rod bearing change on my E63 (V10), added intakes, catless headers, reflash: good for an estimated 560-580 flywheel hp/500 whp. (true... haven't dynoed it yet, but that's the estimate). Just passed the self imposed 1500 mile break-in period. A modded (RICED !!) Genesis Coupe with maybe 2" ground clearance and a fartcan exhaust sees my M6V10 license plate: it tried to start a game of cat and mouse when there was a nice piece on open empty highway... at approx 65 mph I downshifted to 3rd to redline, well over XXX 4th gear, pulled it up to redline, the looked back on the rear mirror... nobody in sight. Slowed down, kept going 65 mph. Approx 30 secs later the GenCoupe pulls by my side, rolls down his window and screams "WICKED !!!
    That sounds crazy, man! Those M's are a different beast. I had the pleasure of running a light to light with one just for fun, and it definitely took off on me lol.
    Real
    BMW 530i (E60)
    The 910 - 252 - 919