Thread: Smoke from the engine on driver's side !!!

My Cars
    2006 BMW 535d Sedan

Smoke from the engine on driver's side !!!

Hey y'all ! This new dude , me , just got his hands on a very low mileage E60 535d 2006ym sedan . All good witth the car , except for the usual stuff ( oil leaks here and there ) but what got me worried , nearly fainthed , is that a few days ago , after some trashing around town , came back home , stopped the car at the store to get some stuff and as i drove off i've noticed my tranny was uppin' the revs in D mode , above 2k rpm , which was pretty awkward , knowing that it usualy shifts at 1600/1700 rpm with . Nothing seemed off except for when i've pulled in the parking lot , let the engine cool off for a while , jumped outta the car and this oilly smell and vapour smoke was comin' from the engine bay . Needless to say i almost shat myself , stoped the engine , popped the hood and sure enough , there was this cloud of smoke comin' from the right hand side of the engine as u look at it from the front . I let it cool off , fired the engine again and to my surprise , the smoke was gonne . Drove the car really light after that , everything fine , no smoke , till today when i made a couple of violent overtakes and drove around town for a while , same stuff happened . Was making a left turn , when i've noticed my rpm started to climb above 2k in drive . Parked the car and BOOM , the smoke all over again . Let it cool off , drove for about 20 miles and right before i hit the parkin lot , engine rpm went above 2k and the damn smoke again when i pulled over . From what i've read online , when the exhaust reaches about 75 to 80 Celsius the DPF goes into reggen mode and the rpm climbs above normal to sustain the procces . So i'm guessin' , since i didnt let it to actually reggen the DPF , it blew the soot right back up through some crack or stuff , dunno . What u guys think about that ? Thx in advance , God Bless , Jad !

My Cars
    2010 E61
    The coolant temperature has to reach 75c for the dpf to start regeneration. The exhaust is at more than 300c. The gearbox changing at higher revs is normal while this is happening but I've never seen smoke from the front. If you don't let it finish it will try again.