My Cars
    E90, E36, F10, E38, E23,

Are there viable turbo replacement options beyond stock on E70 35d?

About 4 months ago completed a DEF/EGR delete on my X5 35d and had an exhaust odor a little more intense than others commented having with the same delete. Swirl Flaps done over a year ago.

A few weeks ago the X5 began running really sluggish and only had boost between 2200 and 3000 RPM. Definitely won't get out of its own way.

Anyway, tearing apart at the shop and there is a lot of soot that is not at the joints of the new exhaust downpipe, midpipe, or any other legitimate joint. It seems to be coming from the housing of the turbo - but we're still digging; the turbos are really buried.

The X5 has about 140,000 miles on it, maybe this is the normal lifespan.

Oddly, I have a wife that would prefer I keep this vehicle and continue to throw money at the problems than to trade it in anywhere. That's fine, especially as I'm permitted to go performance if the price is the same - this is where the alphabet delete came from. We all have our blessings I guess.

Found the AARodriguez Hybrid Turbo Kit and R90 upgraded fuel pump and was wondering if anyone has tried this option?

Are there other options?
    -

My Cars
    Audi A6
    I read the title and immediately thought of AARod for you. Funny enough you already found them . As far as I've seen, they are the are the only US-based company that has turbo upgrades for the N57. Plenty of companies like Orion Diesel and others that sell many parts, but turbos themselves, I think only AARod does them. There's gotta be more companies that do this in Europe... but then you're talking about the added cost of shipping boat anchors (err.. I mean turbos) from Europe. At the end, you may end up spending the same as with AARod.

Jared from Velocity channel actually has a 335d as a personal car and he put up ona vid on Youtube where he reviews these same turbos on his car (with dynos to back it up) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEdNW82nckI

Good luck!