My car came with 18 wheels in a style I dislike like with Hankook Ventus V12 on them. I took the car to autocross and on stock suspension the 225/40-18 started wearing through the front inner liners--I take it that while not ideal, it's normal and to leave it as is?

I like the look of 17" 32s, but I believe the 17" Arc-8s are much lighter and look good, too. These will either be my street wheels or my only wheels (I could put sticky buns on the ugly 18s for track days or autoX).

On a Facebook post someone with another 3.0 non-M Coupe (sorry, forgot who it is) said he has Arc-8 at 17 x 9 ET30 and 17 x 9.5 ET35s with BFG G-Force Sport 245/40-17, 275/40-17 without rubbing. I don't know his suspension.

Is there another person who can confirm this?

I talked to Max at Apex and he said these were too aggressive and recommended
17x8.5" ET40 and 17x9" ET42, which would then have 225/45-17 and 255/40-17.

Do these wider wheels have any benefit on the street? Will they tramline and get caught in raingrooves more? More noise, more wear? Fewer mpg? Assuming they look cool, is there any other advantage other than more traction? Or since these 17" will likely be the daily driver wheels/tires, should I just go for the safe nearest to stock sizes?

I am disappointed they offer some wheels in matte bronze and not others. Great, they have the rears but not the fronts and would consider it a "custom" color which they say their factory is unable to make. Really?

I was impressed at how well-balanced the Coupe was at the autoX and how it seemed to 4-wheel drift slightly as I needed it to. And that's with a bone-stock suspension.