Avus Autosport

Thread: BAY AREA//// Exhaust for E36 M3. I want to listen to your exhaust before I buy!!!!!!

My Cars
    04 330i ZHP

BAY AREA//// Exhaust for E36 M3. I want to listen to your exhaust before I buy!!!!!!

Hey All,

I have a 1995 M3 and want to get exhaust for it, FINALLY. I am mainly looking at the Rogue Engineering DMS and UUC Corsa. Also, considering the AA exhaust system, since the sound is glorious, but with reviews, not that loud. I have done A LOT of research, but the information is still scattered.

The car is mainly for the TRACK so I want it pretty dang loud, but reasonable for Laguna Seca with the DB limit at the moment. The 3 mufflers I mentioned, should be below the 90 decibel limit at Laguna Seca, right?? . If I were to add anything else as far as headers or mid pipes then I know I would need Laguna pipes for sure. Sonoma Raceway and Thunderhill Raceway I think would be fine for the 103 decibel limit.

If you have one of these exhausts, I would love to hear it and hoping we can meet if we are close enough or even at a car meet. It would be much appreciated!!!!!!! I can meet in the City, East Bay, City, South Bay, Santa Rosa since I live and work in Marin.

Leaning towards DMS or UUC/Turner Corsa exhaust. The DMS is cheaper and mostly every review I see people love it. I have came across in a review that the exhaust has slight drone or cabin resonance. Also, with one review it stated with higher rpm's the noise started to tapper off - which I don't want for the track. The car is still street legal so with driving it around town or to the track I don't little to no droning. The UUC exhaust is more expensive, but with the Corsa Technology it may be worth it since it is practically drone free, but a loud beast when on it. Some say it's worth it and some say the noise is too much and more money than exhausts that do 95% of the same thing.

Even, if you don't live near by, please give me your 2 cents on what exhaust you have or which one you think I should go with since it will help me decide quicker.

Thanks in advance! (Also sorry to add another exhaust thread, but I would like a little more insight over the research I have already done)

Brandon

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5, 98 M3/2/5
    Will be up in the bay area sometime this summer to pick up Recaros but I have a euro motor and adapted it to run an AA rear section.

My Cars
    04 330i ZHP
    Great! What month you think you will out in the area? I also need to get some recaros - which seats are you getting? I am looking at the Profi XL

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5, 98 M3/2/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiff suspension View Post
    Great! What month you think you will out in the area? I also need to get some recaros - which seats are you getting? I am looking at the Profi XL
    I was planning on going this month but my GF won't be back until July so maybe then. Getting a pair of Recaro A8s as I don't want to go quick release steering wheel yet to get out of the car with buckets when I go shopping.

My Cars
    04 330i ZHP
    July it is!

My Cars
    04 330i ZHP
    Hey man, you are posting in the wrong thread. You might want to try the General Bay Area thread.