Thread: Too much oil

My Cars
    96 328is

Too much oil

Just bought the 08 535xi and the oil level on the idrive isnt working. Was a 40-50 miles drive home and the idrive said it was almost empty so i added a qrt at a time and it wasnt changing. Put 4 qrts in still no change. Just changed the oil there was 11qrts in there for about 50-60miles, it started misfiring and throwing a code for multiple cylinder misfire, 0300. Hopefully its just because the plugs got wet with oil and caught it in time. How much extra oil with cause damage and how soon/long could it take? Will 4 extra qrts in 50 miles really meas things up bad?

Still cant get the oil level to recalibrate or the service light to recalibrate. Says 17k miles over due

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ
    Sounds like your oil level sensor isn't working. Best bet is to get carley or inpa to read oil level until you have the time to change the sensor.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

My Cars
    96 328is
    Ya that was my thought. The service light wont reset either though, seems like it hasnt been able to for awhile now since it says 17k over do. I ordered software off ebay that should be here between june 6th and 26th. They say its the latest software available since it does 2019 models. Does eveything a dealership can and comes with all the cables

- - - Updated - - -

PACKAGE INCLUDES:
    · 1x 16 pin BMW INPA / ISTA K+DCAN CAN diagnostic interface
    · 1x 16pin BMW INPA / ISTA ENET diagnostic interface * [CHECK BELOW ! NOT INCLUDED BY DEFAULT] !! NEEDED FOR F-Series & G-Series BMWs !! COMES FREE OF CHARGE
    · 1x 16pin BMW to 20pin ROUND PLUG BMW Adapter * [CHECK BELOW ! NOT INCLUDED BY DEFAULT] !! Needed for older BMWs like E46 E34 etc. !! COMES FREE OF CHARGE
    · 1x CD with BMW INPA 8.02 (2019) (on CD)
    + BMW ISTA-D RHEINGOLD 4.10.21 (2019) (download link)
    + ISTA-P 3.64.0.600 (2019) (download link)
    + E-SYS 3.31.0 (2019) with PSdZData V 64.2 and other software – see the complete list below!
    · Includes full installation manuals for INPA, ISTA-D, ISTA-P & E-SYS, with every single step covered with screenshots and highlighted details to make it fully operational without any hassle.
    * 20 to 16 pin adapter and the ENET cable are only included on request, please leave a note after the BUY IT NOW Button (before the PayPal page) If you can't add a note, please send a PM message within 5 minutes of purchase. I process orders very quickly so if you message me after that, I can't be held responsible and cover the extra postage costs for sending adapters !!
    RemoteSupport:
    We offer full remote support regarding the BMW Pack, if you need help setting up we provide this for free regarding tips & steps and also remote support regarding proper installation procedures and set up FREE OF CHARGE

- - - Updated - - -

LATEST 2019 VERSIONS OF BMW INPA 8.02 + ISTA-D 4.10.21 + ISTA-P 3.64.0.600 + E-SYS 3.31.0 + PSdZDaten V62.4 ISTA-P, ISPI, RHEINGOLD, EDIABAS, K+DCAN,HEX CAN – AVAILABLE ONLY HERE! FULLY TESTED AND 100% WORKING!

! CAR LIST – BELOW ! 1991 – 2019, INCLUDING BMW F-SERIES & G-SERIES !

Compatible with ALL Windows versions: XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10, both 32-bitand 64-bit! Installs on Apple Macs using Apple Bootcamp.

Please note:Beware from other INPA versions on eBay like 3.00, 5.00 and 5.02 – THEY DO NOT WORK PROPERLY, display many errors and only cover BMW vehicles ONLYup to 2010! Do not confuse it with other cheap generic OBDII or ELM327 code readers – they read generic codes, but not the BMW specific codes (specific for each model).This cable can read correctly BMW specific codes, coding, programming and much, much more. It is also uniquely built with a switch allowing access to BMW vehicles from 2007 onwards – other BMW INPA tools without the switch do not have FULL ACCESS

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ
    Oh wow. I have the older version.. I haven't used mine in a long time. Ever since I got carly for my E60. But I'm actually gonna be buying a F82 M4 2016 this summer and can still use the carly dongle I got for the E60.

My Cars
    96 328is
    Ya seems like a good deal. Cant wait for it to come in so i can see if i can do any updates and get some of these issues im having sorted or at least get a code since the engine malfunction reduced power light is coming on but m u snap on scanner is at work and im out with an injury, my bluetooth one and my buddies bluepoint scanner arent pickin up the codes

My Cars
    91-Dinan 850TT
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick91303 View Post
    Sounds like your oil level sensor isn't working. Best bet is to get carley or inpa to read oil level until you have the time to change the sensor.

How is Carly or INPA going to read any level from a bad sensor? Did I miss something?
    I have a suspected bad oil sensor that always shows full in my 2007 E61 N52. Carly or INPA do not even show a bad sensor.
    I purposely drained aprox 1.5 quarts to see, no change in level indication. Then did oil change, put 5 quarts in- no indication of low oil. Topped it at 6.5 quarts and good to go for now.
    Last edited by TTTXGreg; 05-30-2018 at 10:10 AM.

My Cars
    96 328is
    so i replaced the oil level sensor and it's still not calibrating the oil level, even after driving for a bit. put 7qrts n still shows its at the min, where its always been. ugh