Thread: Car dragging in parking lot

My Cars
    1997 Z3

Car dragging in parking lot

I've got what may be a pretty simple question, but I'm new to Z3 (1997) picked one up 10 days ago. There are many upgrades and modifications done to this car and they seem to be high quality parts and the work well done. The guy I bought the car from was the second owner and could not tell me all that was done. Exhaust system is Super Sprint, Bilstien shocks, Tower strut, drilled and slotted rotors, wheel spacers,K&N air intake, dealer installed head hoops, angel eye headlights, etc. When I pull into my drive I have to do it slowly and carefully as something hit the concrete. Happened at the grocery store as I drove over (very slowly) one of the bumps to slow you down. Got home and crawled under the car to see what was what. There is a bar the goes across the car (side to side), about at the back of the door(s), it appears to attach to the "frame". What is it? What is it called? It is lower than anything under car. Going to take the car into a local shop and put it on the hoist to make sure we can identify what is dragging and what we can do about it? Would like to know more before I go to the shop. Thanks.

It looks like it could be a body brace from Strong Strut, but just the cross member.
    Last edited by bdavis385; 05-28-2018 at 12:50 AM.

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    With the high amount of modifications/upgrades,
    I wouldn't doubt that you are riding on a lowered sport suspension, which is non height adjustable,
    or better yet, adjustable coil-overs, with which you would have the adjustability you need.

Find out what type you have, but if has recently had a proper wheel alignment,
    I would just leave it alone, and just be careful how and where you drive,
    as you have a properly set-up roadster.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i
    The car sounds like it's lowered, you'd have to look under it and see what's scraping. On my car it's usually my custom exhaust that scrapes first. If you take bumps at a diagonal angle it minimizes the scrape

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk