Thread: Unidentified engine compartment screening parts

My Cars
    2000 E38 730d

Unidentified engine compartment screening parts

Hi,

This is my first post here, from Spain. Sorry for my bad English.

I have spent the last 6 hours skimming realoem without success.... Under my car there are a lot of screening parts. The one on the left, protecting the traction strut and the wishbone is broken. But there's no way I can find the reference and order a new one.

This is the one on the right side. I need the left one. My car is a 2000 E38 730d

Can anyone give me a hand ? Thanks in advance.

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    What is the 11 digit BMW part number on the piece you posted a pic of above? That will help determine what diagram to find the one for the left side.

There's usually the BMW 11 digit BMW part number on items like what you seek. If it is loose enough to remove, you can do so and look for the BMW part number...then verify it using one of the online part databases.

BMW part numbers are 11 digits long and are ALWAYS all numberical digits...they also DO NOT contain any periods/decimals/hyphens etc. If you do see them (usually at the end) ignore them when inputting the number in a part number search. An example would be "XX XX X XXX XXX"...and sometimes if a part is really small...it may have only the last 7 digits of the part number...and it would look like this "X XXX XXX".

Most of the engine screening parts are in the diagram below...check if the part you seek is #14 (or perhaps #12). When you scroll down to the part number index below the diagram...you will see two numbers listed...one for the left side and one for the right side. But again, I would remove the part if possible and look for the BMW 11 digit part number...then go to realoem.com or the site below (which has a slightly better part number search feature) and enter the part number you find to verify:

Last edited by Qsilver7; 05-26-2018 at 08:29 PM.
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    '95 740i
    That part you posted, "122016256354" doesn't show up on RealOEM and was listed for the 740d but I assume it'd be the same for the 730.

Never seen it before, but then again I've never seen a 730d in person either heh.

|| 1995 740i || M60B40 || DUDMD || ̶o̶r̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶ Mercedes Brilliant Blue Metallic || Style 168 Wheels 1" Spacers ||

My Cars
    2000 E38 730d
    Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
    What is the 11 digit BMW part number on the piece you posted a pic of above? That will help determine what diagram to find the one for the left side.

There's usually the BMW 11 digit BMW part number on items like what you seek. If it is loose enough to remove, you can do so and look for the BMW part number...then verify it using one of the online part databases.

BMW part numbers are 11 digits long and are ALWAYS all numberical digits...they also DO NOT contain any periods/decimals/hyphens etc. If you do see them (usually at the end) ignore them when inputting the number in a part number search. An example would be "XX XX X XXX XXX"...and sometimes if a part is really small...it may have only the last 7 digits of the part number...and it would look like this "X XXX XXX".

Most of the engine screening parts are in the diagram below...check if the part you seek is #14 (or perhaps #12). When you scroll down to the part number index below the diagram...you will see two numbers listed...one for the left side and one for the right side. But again, I would remove the part if possible and look for the BMW 11 digit part number...then go to realoem.com or the site below (which has a slightly better part number search feature) and enter the part number you find to verify:

Thanks for helping out. Unofrtunately, I removed my broken part, and it has no catalog number at all... I also checked the diagram you copied, before posting here. It isn't item #14 and I actually ordered part #12 last week, and when the dealer handed it to me I realized it wasn't what I needed. I was clueless so I posted to this forum.
    Thanks again for taking the time to answering me.

MauiM3Mania is offline Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    eBug, if you want to show an image, as a new member you must host it somewhere. Once you get beyond a few posts you will be able to upload the images to the forum.

For now, upload your image at a photo hosting site and post the link in the message body. Loading an image into the message body doesn't work.
    Last edited by MauiM3Mania; 06-01-2018 at 02:06 PM.
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

My Cars
    2000 E38 730d

Resolved

Quote Originally Posted by eBug View Post
    Hi,

This is my first post here, from Spain. Sorry for my bad English.

I have spent the last 6 hours skimming realoem without success.... Under my car there are a lot of screening parts. The one on the left, protecting the traction strut and the wishbone is broken. But there's no way I can find the reference and order a new one.

This is the one on the right side. I need the left one. My car is a 2000 E38 730d

Can anyone give me a hand ? Thanks in advance.
    The part actually show up in another diagram:

as part #20 (51 71 8 253 011/2)

Thanks to everyone for helping out.