Thread: Looking to buy first M car.

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ

Looking to buy first M car.

So I own a E60 525xi and I'm in the market for a F82 M4. I'm looking to get some input on what to look for and what to STAY AWAY FROM. I will be looking to do mods but would rather find a virgin M4 to start with. I do have carly and will be taking it with me to run used car check and parameters. What mods are best? I'm looking to do tune, charge pipes, exhaust, intakes, intercooler. I'm looking for automatic btw. Thanks for input and help....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    The car is great... I am on my 2nd one, have had no problems. The DCT performs better and handles the power better without a doubt. A piggyback is cheaper and easier to resell, a full tune is better but more expensive but gives you better drivability.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    The car is great... I am on my 2nd one, have had no problems. The DCT performs better and handles the power better without a doubt. A piggyback is cheaper and easier to resell, a full tune is better but more expensive but gives you better drivability.
    Thanks for the input. Yeah I'm leaning towards the F82 or even the F80. But it seems like the M4 is alittle more roomy inside the cabin then the M3. Yeah the 4 door would be more practical for me BUT the seats move so kids can climb in back lol. Plus we still gonna have the E60 525xi so I'm not worried about winter driving as I work for state and I'm in work before snow falls and out of work only when roads are cleared...

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    I got into the #sedanlife because of the family... I got tired of having to get them in and out of the backseat and when they get older I know the complaining will be none stop because they are going to be tall. i think they are feeding him a growth agent at school.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I got into the #sedanlife because of the family... I got tired of having to get them in and out of the backseat and when they get older I know the complaining will be none stop because they are going to be tall. i think they are feeding him a growth agent at school.
    Lol. Yeah I have a 15 year old son who lives with me and a 9 year old daughter who lives with her mom. So kids are in and out of car not as often as usual but unfortunately they wont be tall lol. I'm only 5'8 and there mom is 4'11 so no basketball players here lmao. But I'm tossed up now between the M4 and M3. I dont understand why a 2016 M3 is so much more then a M4? You would think the coup would be more then sedan. I would LOVE the convertible but I would think there would be a lot more body roll then the non convertible. Idk what to do lol. I stopped and looked at one on way home and it looked like both had same room in back seats. Just gonna have to bring the gang with me and throw them in lol. If I could find a M5 like 2014-2016 with LOW miles for like 55 grand I would jump on it. But I also like how the side and hip bolsters are on the M4 and M3. My E60 has the sport seats and I love the side bolsters.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    The M3 fetches a premium because they did not make as many. I think it is a 3-1 or 4-1 ratio.