Thread: Konig Hypergram 17x9 et35 Questions

My Cars
    1995 M3, 2016 STi

Konig Hypergram 17x9 et35 Questions

So I have been considering getting another set of wheels/tires for track use and can get a pretty solid deal on these konigs. They are flow formed and ~17lbs a piece for like $160 a wheel. My question is what can I expect in terms of fitment?

https://konigwheels.com/wheels/flow-...els/hypergram/

I've read that 17x9 et 42 from APEX is reasonably happy in the rear with a roll and needs spacers up front. I've also read that the 17x9 et 30 APEX are good to go up front but require some decent camber and massaging of the rear fenders. Any thoughts on where the et35 would put it? My guess is a bit smaller spacer up front and a little less massaging of the rear. But I don't want to get into fighting too much rubbing mid-season. I'm currently on ground control coil's and my fenders were rolled by the previous owner. My concern is mostly the rear as it looks like the springs are adjusted as high as they can go.

I've not seen anyone running this setup. Thoughts from my track day friends? I know a lot of the above depends on tire size. I was thinking to minimize rub for the first set of tires I'd go 245/40 and if I have clearance up to 255 when I have some time this winter to dial in the fenders. I've got one good track day left in my current tires so its a good time to make a move if needed.

Thanks!

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    In the front 255 will be fine on those. You might need a very small spacer (a few mm), depending on your camber and struts.
    In the rear 245 should fit just barely with your current fender roll. For a 255 you'd need a more aggressive fender roll, and maybe a slight pull depending on the tire. A wider 245 tire will likely be a tight fit already as I said, so basically you need to find another 5+mm of space if you wanted to run a tire that is at least 10mm wider.

What GC kit do you have that your rear height adjusters are maxed out on the high side at something resembling a normal rear ride height? I have the street/school kit and run slightly below stock ride height in the rear, but my height adjusters are way down in the control arms and can't go that much lower (maybe 2-3 more turns). Conversely, I have enough room to raise the rear at least an inch or two if I wanted to. Are your springs shorter?
    Last edited by TostitoBandito; 05-26-2018 at 12:00 AM.
    1999 M3/2/5 - Titanium Silver - Track/Weekend Toy

My Cars
    98' M3/4/5, 85' 944
    I am running the Konig Ultraforms in 17x9 and 34 offset so very close. I went back and forth between the hypergrams and ultraforms and decided on ultraforms because the hypergrams are gonna need a hubcentric ring and the ultraforms are a perfect fit no ring.

Stock struts with eibach pro kit springs i could fit 245s in front no spacer. With coilovers I needed to run a 5mm spacer in front with 245's and had to go to my 10mm spacer for 255s. The fenders rubbed pretty good with the struts with stock camber even after some heavy rolling till i went to coilovers w/ camber plates and -3.2 degrees of camber. I have no rubbing in front now whatsoever.

The rears with 245's with a little roll and presumably stock camber settings rubbed only when driven hard on a track....and so minor i never felt or heard it just saw it on the tires. i went more hardcore on the roll and no rubbing on track. After that I had the rear camber maxed out (-1.7 and -1.9) and they do not rub now at all with 255s.

Hope this helps. The flow formed Konigs are one of, if not the best value in wheels out there IMO.
    Last edited by tvcasualty; 05-26-2018 at 02:55 AM.

My Cars
    1995 M3, 2016 STi
    Quote Originally Posted by TostitoBandito View Post
    In the front 255 will be fine on those. You might need a very small spacer (a few mm), depending on your camber and struts.
    In the rear 245 should fit just barely with your current fender roll. For a 255 you'd need a more aggressive fender roll, and maybe a slight pull depending on the tire. A wider 245 tire will likely be a tight fit already as I said, so basically you need to find another 5+mm of space if you wanted to run a tire that is at least 10mm wider.

What GC kit do you have that your rear height adjusters are maxed out on the high side at something resembling a normal rear ride height? I have the street/school kit and run slightly below stock ride height in the rear, but my height adjusters are way down in the control arms and can't go that much lower (maybe 2-3 more turns). Conversely, I have enough room to raise the rear at least an inch or two if I wanted to. Are your springs shorter?
    I appreciate the input! It's possible I have a short rear spring. The coilovers were also previous owner installed. I currently have stock LTW wheels 7.5 all around with 234/40 tires and the rear has just a tiny bit of tire tucked in the rear arch. But the rear springs adjusters are for sure maxed out in the tallest setting.

Quote Originally Posted by tvcasualty View Post
    I am running the Konig Ultraforms in 17x9 and 34 offset so very close. I went back and forth between the hypergrams and ultraforms and decided on ultraforms because the hypergrams are gonna need a hubcentric ring and the ultraforms are a perfect fit no ring.

Stock struts with eibach pro kit springs i could fit 245s in front no spacer. With coilovers I needed to run a 5mm spacer in front with 245's and had to go to my 10mm spacer for 255s. The fenders rubbed pretty good with the struts with stock camber even after some heavy rolling till i went to coilovers w/ camber plates and -3.2 degrees of camber. I have no rubbing in front now whatsoever.

The rears with 245's with a little roll and presumably stock camber settings rubbed only when driven hard on a track....and so minor i never felt or heard it just saw it on the tires. i went more hardcore on the roll and no rubbing on track. After that I had the rear camber maxed out (-1.7 and -1.9) and they do not rub now at all with 255s.

Hope this helps. The flow formed Konigs are one of, if not the best value in wheels out there IMO.
    How do you like the ultraforms? Any pics of them on your car? i'm running -2 camber front and rear. I think i'm OK with 245's for the time being and massaging the fenders more in the future if necessary. I wasn't super excited about having to use the hubcentric either but the hypergram is lighter and I like the looks of it a little more. Maybe I'll consider the ultraform.

My Cars
    1995 M3, 2016 STi
    So I did some more measuring and checking today and I think they'll be room. Below are some pics of my current rear roll. The car has definitely had some meaty tires on it in a past life. The front has def been rolled/pulled a bit, the fender liner edge is a good 1/4-1/2 inch away from the fender. The rear the bumper inside edge has been shaved and the rears look like maybe they were pulled a bit too. The tires in the pics are 235/40 on a et 41 offset 7.5inch wheel. I'm gonna order the 245/40 17x9 hypergrams and hope they fit! The suspension in the pic hasn't settled fully since I jacked the rear up but it gives a decent view of clearance.

My Cars
    98' M3/4/5, 85' 944
    You should be fine. If they rub there is always more rolling or camber..or a hammer. Post pics when you get them on. When I bought mine I scoured the internet and only found a drift E36 with weird fitment with the hypergams and at the time not a single BMW with the ultraform. (Now I see 2 E36s with them)

Here's a pic of them on my car.
    IMG_20180530_175129.jpg
    Last edited by tvcasualty; 05-31-2018 at 04:42 AM.

My Cars
    16' STI DD, 97' M3 Track
    There is a deal with NASA and Konig (sponsorship type program but open to all NASA members) and the hypergrams, among others, are $135 each.

Here are the requirements.

Sponsorship Requirements:

- (4) König decals must be placed on the vehicle no smaller then 6”x2” (it is suggested at 4corners of vehicle in visible spot). Windshield Banners or other placements may be required incertain situations.
    - High-resolution images must be supplied to Konig of the vehicle with the Konig product onit. For season there should be a minimum of 3 images (1 on track, 1 still photo w/ driver, 1still photo without driver).
    - Email and mini recap (approx 50-100 words) after each event and include a few images whichwe can share / post / place on our website.- Cooperation and representation of König at shows/events if asked by König (and is possibleand/or reasonable from both parties and is acceptable to vehicle owner).

Hope this helps

-Ryan (bensonrd on IG)

My Cars
    1995 M3, 2016 STi
    Quote Originally Posted by GG Emerican View Post
    There is a deal with NASA and Konig (sponsorship type program but open to all NASA members) and the hypergrams, among others, are $135 each.

Here are the requirements.

Sponsorship Requirements:

- (4) König decals must be placed on the vehicle no smaller then 6”x2” (it is suggested at 4corners of vehicle in visible spot). Windshield Banners or other placements may be required incertain situations.
    - High-resolution images must be supplied to Konig of the vehicle with the Konig product onit. For season there should be a minimum of 3 images (1 on track, 1 still photo w/ driver, 1still photo without driver).
    - Email and mini recap (approx 50-100 words) after each event and include a few images whichwe can share / post / place on our website.- Cooperation and representation of König at shows/events if asked by König (and is possibleand/or reasonable from both parties and is acceptable to vehicle owner).

Hope this helps

-Ryan (bensonrd on IG)
    Hey dude, thanks for the heads up. I ordered them from discount tire already actually. They had them for $160 a wheel plus $100 rebate on the full set and none of the sponsorship requirements etc. I'll let you guys know how they fit. Should be here in a week or so!

My Cars
    16' STI DD, 97' M3 Track
    No problem.. yea for an extra couple $ it would be worth it to not have to do all the sponsorship requirements.

Keep us updated on the fitment! I want to get a second set of wheels with some better tires for rain in case it's a wet weekend. Thinking either kosei k1s or the ultraforms.

Also when are you going to the track next? And with what group? I might have to register and check out Summit/hang out a little.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    98' M3/4/5, 85' 944
    All the cracked kosei k1s ive seen/heard of i wouldnt touch em

My Cars
    1995 M3, 2016 STi
    Alright I finally got the wheel/tire setup last night. Initial impression is overall fitment is pretty spot on. I am running 245/40/17 Bridgestone RE71R tires and once again the wheels are 17x9 +35. The hub bore is slightly different so I bought some paper thin aluminum hub centric rings to make sure everything is vibration free.

Pics are below for anyone interested. Don't mind the car it's super dirty. My fenders are rolled/pulled slightly and the pics are with no spacers front or rear and the car hasn't settled in the pics either. I probably could have swung 255's but I'd need a spacer up front. May decide to bump it up on the next set of tires!

Drivers Rear:

Drivers Front:

Passenger Rear:

Passenger Front:

Front Strut Clearance (No Spacers):

Stock Weight:

Hypergram and RE71R weight:

Old Meat:

New Meat:

Planning to go drive it at lunch and make sure nothing is rubbing. If anyone wants and other pics let me know.
    Last edited by 5spoke; 06-12-2018 at 10:35 AM.

My Cars
    1995 M3, 2016 STi
    The fitment is awesome, super happy with them so far!

My Cars
    98' M3/4/5, 85' 944
    Looks good I might have to get a set of those too. Just wish they made them in our hub bore. Its so close.

Those ground controls must be way more compact than TC klines i need a 5mm spacer with 245's and even then it wasnt a big gap...i had to get my feeler guage out.

I didnt want to run 255 at first because they are a little taller but after going to 255s i wont go back to 245

My Cars
    E36 325i
    Your wheels look great!

I run the 17x9+34 ultraforms with 255 Kumho V70A, using a 7mm spacer up front. It's a very snug fit!
    I cant attach pics with my phone on here for some reason, so you can see mine on insta below

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bigc1F_h...=1xo3g2gcg6k62