Thread: INPA DSC ABS Pump

My Cars
    2005 x5

INPA DSC ABS Pump

Hi all,

I am posting as my mechanic brother's tech support. We've got a 2005 x5 that need the ABS pump cycled because the master/reservoir was dry. After much work got INPA running and communicating to the car. We are running INPA 5.0.6 with what seem to be the standard language file mods. After firing up INPA, I choose the car (E53) and the Identification Read shows JobStatus OKAY for Dynamic stability control 4 wheel system, ECU: D_ABSKWP. Then I choose Chassis and and am presented with DSC57 and DXC8. DXC8 is the only one that works. In there I press F6 for activate and there are no options for cycling the pumps. Some other stuff comes up like three options for a clutch test, clutch passive, clutch active. Logic for noise reduction, steering angle calibration, RPA. Nothing that seems to involve ABS pump. Am I looking in the wrong place? Do different versions of INPA not support the ABS? Something to do with the car?

Thanks for the help, I've just spent a few hours on this but will keep investigating.

Thanks,
    Bill

My Cars
    2005 x5
    Update.

I have tried this on another car, a 2007 535xi, and similar results. INPA connects, I can see diagnostic info, control some things like sunroof and radio (can do other things but didn't want to mess with them) but no ABS pump control. I still haven't figured if it is a limitation of the software or the car. Will keep pursuing it.

-Bill

My Cars
    1995 BMW 328
    NCSexpert or ISTA P
    No warranty of any kind implied or given and no liability for any loss, damage or injury, no matter how incurred accepted.

My Cars
    2005 x5
    Thanks for the response! I fired up NCSExpert and it seems to be connected to the car but it is not at all obvious how to do anything and I don't want to poke around and damage anything. Can anyone give some quick instruction on how I might access the ABS pump? I'm also told the new battery may need to be learned or calibrated or something, anything on that? Again, nothing obvious in INPA or NCSExpert.