Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Yoshi's new E46 330 build

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    My needle never budged from the center too. But my cel would come on for a misfire and I would definitely notice a lack of power. Maybe I'll header wrap the exhaust to keep under hood temps down. I haven't touched the cooling system. It's got 305k on it so I bet it needs a once over.

Maybe I'll get new hoses and maybe a fresh rad. Replace the water pump. See how that goes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    I've noticed lack of power, only once when ambient air temp was 105ish, and I was running with only a minute or two between laps. Definitely felt the power being cut, I assume it was pulling timing to run cooler because of super high intake temps. If I ever feel it again, I'll pull to hood off, and maybe move to venting. I'm thinking about pressurewashing my radiator out to see if I can clear out the inside at all.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I just ordered a bunch of hoses. I think I'm gonna try to flush out the radiator and put in my spare water pump. Maybe the old one is plastic or dying. I might also slap on one of my spare flexalite fans as a pusher to help more air flow. My events don't allow hoods to be off after some S13 blew his turbo oil feed onto his windshield and slammed into a wall at full speed. I thought about hood spacers but I'm not sure how much that would actually help.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    I'm sure hood spacers wouldn't hurt, but don't know how much thy would really help. In my mind (with an aerospace background) theres not a ton of low pressure at the rear of the hood, so I'm not sure it would really create enough low pressure to pull any air out that way.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    From all the stuff I've seen, that sounds about right. I just don't know a better way to get heat out of the engine bay. Header wrap makes the most sense to keep heat from being in the bay to begin with. But I hate how it holds moisture against the metal and causes rust.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    I just ordered a bunch of hoses. I think I'm gonna try to flush out the radiator and put in my spare water pump. Maybe the old one is plastic or dying. I might also slap on one of my spare flexalite fans as a pusher to help more air flow. My events don't allow hoods to be off after some S13 blew his turbo oil feed onto his windshield and slammed into a wall at full speed. I thought about hood spacers but I'm not sure how much that would actually help.
    it's always S chassis ruining everyones fun

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    The crap the track gets for forcing people to have full body work is hilarious though. "why do I have to have a hood?!" Because you're all stupid and bring janky AF cars.

My Cars
    1995 325i
    Junkyarded this weekend, auto e46's all have an ac pusher fan. Kind of a pita to get to, but my manual 325 has the mounting bracket/studs so it'll bolt right in. Going to wire it on a switch and just run it constant on track. Hopefully it'll keep the car cool in this Florida heat.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Sounds like a plan to me. I already have a few fans lying around. 2 fans opposed are definitely more than 2x effective.

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    This is a great idea, I might have to find a pull it yard and grab one of these.
    Keep it simple: half gutted '01 330i, welded diff, BC coils, SLR Super kit

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    39454071_2076574292584539_7330295648442384384_n.jpg
    Welded a platform onto the drive tunnel for the hydro. It's always a compromise but so far this will work. My knee will have a nice resting spot on the reservoir lol.

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Safety wise- Wish a helmet I guess I should be pulling the airbags too.... I do occasionally street drive it though, so I'm hesitant. and I think my knee would hurt after slamming into the hydro too many times!

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    39454071_2076574292584539_7330295648442384384_n.jpg

Welded a platform onto the drive tunnel for the hydro. It's always a compromise but so far this will work. My knee will have a nice resting spot on the reservoir lol.
    How sturdy does it feel? I'm a few days away from my hydro install and I'm afraid the tunnel is to flimsy to weld to with success.

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    I rivnutted to the trans tunnel, 2 bolts, and I yank mine pretty hard. Hasn't ripped out yet! Just an FYI.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    So far it's pretty sturdy but I haven't finished the install yet. Life and a vacation got in the way!

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Drove the car around today. Got the airbag lights to go out legit and deleted the SAP module while I was at it. I was amazed that I could actually feel the stiffness just driving around the block. Sadly, the passenger's seat belt won't go back in so it looks like I need to pick up a 4 point harness for a stock seat lol.

My Cars
    LS E46
    It's possible to squeeze the handbrake in the center console next to the shifter but you'll have to relocate your window switches. I found some Pontiac Grand Am switches that have almost the exact same graphic and put them in the dash just to the left of the heater controls.

IMG_20170718_194710_edit.JPG

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I'm just THAT against cutting up my interior pieces. Especially since that's all one piece with the dash. I sold my DD so I've been driving this around instead. Hopefully there's no rain and no one breaks into my car, thanks to the lack of a sunroof. But so far, I haven't even noticed the hand brake there while normally driving. I think I'll keep it there!

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Some general cage pix for funzies.

My Cars
    LS E46
    Hey you’re pretty cute <3 <3, do you have a bf?

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I have a son lol.

My Cars
    LS E46
    I’ll adopt him I got no problem with that

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    *shrugs* Pay my mortgage and I'll do almost anything.

My Cars
    LS E46
    Depends how good you can suck that shit

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Welded in the caliper brackets for the secondaries. With the TA in the car, you can't get to half the spots. So I hope things don't break.*shrugs* drift event sunday but a hurricane might flood it out. This is frustrating. Also got in the FG sunroof. Even paint matched it. Anyone have tips on getting seam sealer off paint without ruining it?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast