RM European Auto Parts

Thread: 750i - E65 with N62 engine has Misfire - no compression on cylinders 1-2-3-4

My Cars
    750i, X5

750i - E65 with N62 engine has Misfire - no compression on cylinders 1-2-3-4

I have a 2007 750i with N62 engine in which I did a valve stem seal replacement using the AGA tool. After everything is back together it starts up, but runs terrible. The scanner reads several codes such as CAM sensor and misfire on cylinders 1-2-3-4. I replaced both CAM sensors, exhaust and intake, for cylinders 1-2-3-4, however same codes and problem.
    Those codes are:
    2A13 DMTL leakage - I am sure this code is not the root cause!
    2B62 Camshaft sensor Intake
    29CC Combustion Misfire on several cylinders
    29CD Misfire, cylinder 1
    29D0 Misfire, cylinder 2
    29CF Misfire, cylinder 3
    29CE Misfire, cylinder 4

Then did a compression test, all cylinders on the troubled side have zero compression. This is to my surprise because the car ran fine prior to doing the job. I also hand turned the engine prior to replacing the valve covers and finishing the job just in case and there was no problems and no restrictions. Could there be a broken wire, bad IVM computer, the timing / Cam “slipped”, or something else? I am out of ideas other than bent valves, but the car ran fine prior it just smoked bad.

My Cars
    Well you've definitely done something wrong. You're going to have to take the valve cover back off and go investigating.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    '15 I01Rex , '11F25
    If you removed the intake,make sure the drives for the intake runners are completely plugged in. They're at the back of the intake manifold

My Cars
    750ll
    Just heads up to everyone that plans on doing the valve stem seals. This video saved my life.
    I was very afraid to start the job , you after reading people dropping valves and becoming a nightmare. Well after i watched this video i found out there is a fb group as well from many people that have done the job them self. I called them up and got the tools and the seals from them. Man o man it gave me the confidence and i had no fear to get the job done.
    God blas tony for all the help. The small tricks and the details he gives out its just amazing. That guy knows this issues inside out. I had issues after the job and i had codes and i was able to get everything fixed right away with the fb grops help and tony.
    https://youtu.be/cFNfZaQLKno