Thread: What $20 accessory do I need

My Cars
    2002 Z3 2.5i Roadster

What $20 accessory do I need

I'm about to order a couple of things from ECS and I'm at $32 with $7 shipping. Shipping is free for $49+. What kind of $17+ accessory or part should I get for my new-to-me 2.5i to run my total up over $49? Brainstorming welcome.

My Cars
    1998 Z3M, 2006 330i
    Oil filters. Low temp fan switch. Metal tstat housing. Upgrade tranny oil. Poly sway bar bushings. Wheel locks. ??????

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    I've never had this problem. I try to stay under $2-300 every time I build an ECS order.

Fan delete nut and a a couple oil filters...maybe a fuel filter pending mileage. Got a shop manual yet? Endless things to buy for the Z!
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe & Roadster
    Oil filters really surprised me in pricing. I thought they were normally $15-20. My local dealer has them for $32

interior door release plastic frame

filters

wiper blades

hood emblem

My Cars
    1998 Z3M, 2006 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by jajou318 View Post
    Oil filters really surprised me in pricing. I thought they were normally $15-20. My local dealer has them for $32
    They are under $10.

Quote Originally Posted by jajou318 View Post
    question is....y did u go to dealer?........some of the pricing is crazy over there.

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by jrkoupe View Post
    question is....y did u go to dealer?........some of the pricing is crazy over there.
    Not always. I went to the dealer for 2 gallons of coolant and a turn signal bulb (for some reason every parts store had the offset contacts on the bulbs that don't fit). I tried to pay, and the counter guy was like "Eh, don't worry about it." I was dumbfounded; maybe it was his last day or something. The dealer bulb didn't fit either, so no loss there at least.
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

My Cars
    2000 BMW M Roadster
    Regarding dealer prices, Hendrick Northlake in Charlotte gives a 20% discount for BMWCCA members. Every time I have compared their price (with the discount), it is within a few dollars of online prices. It's always a little more, but they get the part within 2 days.

So, if it's something I want quickly, I always go to the dealer because it's much cheaper than paying for express shipping.

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by pine1000 View Post
    Regarding dealer prices, Hendrick Northlake in Charlotte gives a 20% discount for BMWCCA members. Every time I have compared their price (with the discount), it is within a few dollars of online prices. It's always a little more, but they get the part within 2 days.

So, if it's something I want quickly, I always go to the dealer because it's much cheaper than paying for express shipping.
    I have had similar successes here using the dealership in Santa Rosa, CA. One time on the phone getting a price quote, I literally laughed out loud into the telephone at the parts rep, who turned out to be the parts manager. I told him no offence, but I can get X part for Y amount online and save an arm and a leg, the exact same part. He replied to my amazement... which website, and I believe I directed him to ECS. He found listed price on website, for a few parts, and honored it/matched it on the spot, and I picked up the parts the very next morning, sans shipping costs. If I plan ahead it is still just easier to have parts shipped to my door, but in a pinch or if I know I am already heading their way, it can be invaluable. I have since used this at least 4 times with them having different parts sales reps and every time they look it up online, find said price, (one guy said hold on let me ask, no biggie), and it has been honored. I do believe that they are tired of losing the sale and if they can still make a reasonable amount of money on it, they may have been told by management to take the profit, call it a win, and keep the customer.