Thread: Bmw locking mechanism malfunction

My Cars
    2007 X3 3.0i

Bmw locking mechanism malfunction

The video tells it all. My key buttons worked well, then I had to push them couple of times and now they are totally unresponsive. I tried recharging it (leaving the key on ignition while car was running) yet it doesn't seem to work. Any help would be appreciated!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Ox...ew?usp=sharing

My Cars
    '88 320i Mtech2; 2004 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosslander View Post
    The video tells it all. My key buttons worked well, then I had to push them couple of times and now they are totally unresponsive. I tried recharging it (leaving the key on ignition while car was running) yet it doesn't seem to work. Any help would be appreciated!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Ox...ew?usp=sharing
    Hi ... BMW's are known for an enigma that I call 'wierd electrical shit', including our X3 models. There is one location near where I live in Saskatoon ... a restaurant and entertainment centre parking lot that my key fob becomes totally unresponsive,.... repeatedly every time I park there. The key will work to lock and unlock the doors manually by turning the key when inserted in the drivers door, but no response from trying to operate the fob buttons. Start the X3 and drive to another location out of that parking lot and the fob works fine.

I think this has something to do with electromagnetic fields at this location with multiple overhead power lines and possibly underground lines as well.

I hope that this has not left you stranded anywhere.
    ... forty-three years of driving before I get behind the wheel of a BMW .... and I am thinking, "why did it take me so long?"
    ... and then after another 4 years I can't believe that I have two of them !!

Check your door and lift gate latches. Your describing a bad switch, happens to the tailgate mostly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk