Hi guys,

Have been reading around and looking at a bunch of videos, forum posts on installing a short shifter for the BMW E90. "Cosmo Racing" sells an affordable short shifter kit and after discussing with the contact up there he confirmed his part was compatible with my 2011 328xi.

Anyways so I tear into the project, remove the knob, boot, the console trim and the rubber sleeve on the shifter this took me 5 minutes tops. Then the plate that supports the ball "socket" is much larger/covers more area than shown on most E90 tutorials and does not allow access to the shifter linkage to remove the clip and take it apart. Some tutorials state that the car needs to be jacked up to access this so I Tried sneaking under the car with some ramps and looking around with a light I just don't get how you can access the fricking thing even for someone who just wants to replace the bushings on the linkage?

Am I missing something? Has anybody else experienced this when either attempting bushing replacement OR wanting to install a short shifter kit? (SSK)

Thanks a lot! Great to have a forum like this!