Thread: ABS DSC Delete with Car stripped.

My Cars
    2004 M3

ABS DSC Delete with Car stripped.

After doing numerous searches and finding several bits and pieces on this. I wanted to ask if there is a definitive way to delete my ABS and DSC. The car is fully apart as it has just been caged. I have seen plenty of ways to beat the system, by disconnecting some sensors, bending pins, etc. However these are not the answers I seek. My question is while I have the car apart how can I do this cleanly as possible, I would love to remove the ABS Module and wiring but, I do not know which things have to be jumped/ removed for the car to run right again. Also a note is the car will be a dedicated drift car, that is why I ask this. Any insight is appreciated.

My Cars
    3 - E30 M3s, '04 Ford F350, '06 Audi A3
    I think the process is different across the platforms (E36 3 channel, E36 4 channel, Mk20, Mk60, etc, etc).
    You did not say which chassis / platform.

Easiest way is to set engine harness up stand alone and rewire car with only what is needed.

Amazing how little wire is actually needed to run a race car
    jimmy p.

88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - street
    88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU
    87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car 2.0 Litre
    04 Ford F350 - V10
    06 Audi A3 Brilliant Red / 2.0 / DSG

My Cars
    2002, 320is, 328is, M3
    Why not keep the ABS? I wish I still had mine but I can modulate as my first two cars did not have it
    ME:"I want to make my car faster and lighter"
    THEM:" Get out and let someone else drive"

My Cars
    98 328is
    pull the relays. thats what ive done in my drift car. also, there is a dedicated drift section here too.

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    I've found the e36 is different than the e46- your profile says you've got an e46 m3. On my 330i, if you pull the rear right wheel speed sensor, you defeat all systems and keep your speedo.
    To go dual caliper I had to pull my rear drivers side too, so I lost my speedo. I'm just living without it, but that means that my odo doesn't work either.
    Pulling fuses on my car killed the speed sensing systems, meaning my car wouldn't rev above 5500 as it thought it was just being revved in neutral.
    Pulling a speed sensor also killed cruise for me.

If youre after something cleaner than that, go stand alone engine harness, and only run the engine. I have no experience in that though.
    Last edited by awp235; 06-06-2018 at 01:46 PM.

My Cars
    2002, 320is, 328is, M3
    I am guessing you could pull you dme and send it out to someone like Epic and have them program it for what you want. They do some type of stuff for the engine saps between e36 and e46. Might be worth a try. Also a little time spent with a Bentley wiring diagram might be worth the time as most of this is not as hard as we keep telling ourselves and you could bypass the sensors you dont want or need as most are switches

My Cars
    2004 M3
    Sorry for the late response. Going to do away with ABS and utilize a proportioning valve for bias. Its a 99 e36 m3. I have already removed the pump. Just wondering if I can rip the harness out without any repercussions. Will it still run right if I do so? Or is there some little fine detail maybe Im missing perhaps i need to jump a sensor or something.

My Cars
    2002, 320is, 328is, M3
    My car started as a 328. The ASC affects the engine and there was no change when I installed an LSD. Also pulled most of the crap from under the hood. When I cut back my wiring harness I wanted to keep the antilock brakes as my son dries the car and has a tendency to lock on occasion. I cut one wire too many and do not have abs as a result. I have read that by passing the abs system with plumbing causes rear brake bias. If that is true the only way that can happen is if there is some type of valving inside the pump and metering block so I think you adding the bias valve will allow you to compensate for that. I have a bit of rear brake bias but my brakes are a frankenstein set up of the Massive non M bigbrake kit and e 46 325 rears as the 328 came with a non vented disc in the rear. If an effort to play with the bias my pads will be changed from HT10 square to Polmatrix H up front. My opinion is that you will be okay. Update us as you go along.

My Cars
    2004 M3
    What I did was install all fresh braided lines with tilton proportioning valve for the rear brakes. I have fully removed the pump and the module. going to throw the engine back in and back track from there on the wiring.