Thread: Bimmerworld E46 Cage Impressions?

My Cars
    E91 Daily, E46 Race Car

Bimmerworld E46 Cage Impressions?

Does anyone have any experience with the Bimmerworld E46 cage? Considering having my cage builder install this instead of designing their own cage. I know some pre-engineered cages can have fitment issues, this one looks pretty good but looking for any feedback. How long did it take to install? Any add-ons worth installing while the cage is being built?

Thanks in advance.

My Cars
    BMW M235iR / SpecE30
    Considering that BimmerWorld was instrumental in creating the SpecE46 platform, I would say that you can be assured that you're getting a good, proven product. There is a lot of joint learning that has gone into their design. You can reinvent the wheel, or save yourself some time and money by buying the kit. I'm a retailer for BimmerWorld and can help you out if you'd like. You can email me at Anthony@DriveFasterNow.com.

Cheers
    -Anthony Magagnoli
    #80 BMW M235i Racing - Pirelli World Challenge TC - 2017 Rookie of the Year
    Rooster Hall Racing / FCP Euro
    '87 BMW SpecE30 #007 - 2012 NASA SpecE30 NATIONAL CHAMPION
    '08 BMW "130i" 6MT, '01 Z3 3.0i Coupe 5MT
    '88 Pontiac Fiero GT 5MT (my childhood dream car!)
    Send Your Teens to Street Survival

Drive Faster Now

My Cars
    95 M3, 01 330ci
    I am interested in buying this cage as well, but for now my car DOES see street duty, so I am wondering how it would work as a half cage and install the front bars at a later date. Does it interfere with the B pillar seatbelts or is it further back? I had a TC Kline bar in my e36 M3 and it was a good fitting bar, but I would like to do something a bit nicer in this car as it will evolve as my driving evolves. I'd like to send up in Spec E46 if I can get other people interested in the area.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by Pzary3233 View Post
    I am interested in buying this cage as well, but for now my car DOES see street duty, so I am wondering how it would work as a half cage and install the front bars at a later date. Does it interfere with the B pillar seatbelts or is it further back? I had a TC Kline bar in my e36 M3 and it was a good fitting bar, but I would like to do something a bit nicer in this car as it will evolve as my driving evolves. I'd like to send up in Spec E46 if I can get other people interested in the area.
    It really doesn't. The A pillar bars need to be 100% welded to the main hoop at the top. With the Hoop/rear section (half cage) welded in, there is no way to access 50% of those welds. Unless you remove the roof of course.

My Cars
    E91 Daily, E46 Race Car
    I ended up installing this cage. I had it installed by a local pro race shop. They charged me for 38 hours of install. Bimmerworld website claims 15 hours for experienced installers or up to 25 hours. Needless to say, not happy with the bill I received. I cannot say whether this was due to fitment issues of the cage pieces or just poor/slow workmanship by the fabricator. Just a head's up for anyone else budgeting their build.

My Cars
    95 M3, 01 330ci

My Cars
    E91 Daily, E46 Race Car

My Cars
    E36 M3 SEDAN
    Cage looks pretty good! At 25 hours to install (or 38 posted above), it is very comparable in price to a full custom cage though. I currently have quotes for $4k and $5k for an E36 in the NJ/PA area.

My Cars
    17 F250 12 Merc C250
    I've built over 200 cages. That setup is more than adequate. I would estimate that between 4.5-5k all day.
    Chris Leone
    chrisleonemotorsports.com
    roll cages, repairs and racecar fabrication
    1984 318i now 325is
    1994 325is STU racecar
    1988 325is donor