I have taken the lock apart and lubed with on PB blaster. It works good. The actuators on the car do not lock or unlock doors but I hear a click on the dash when I unlock the door.

The drivers side door can not be locked manually when the door is open, only when it is closed. The drivers side door lock will unlock the door sometimes, but with some resistance.

When I have the nut and bolt out of the door panel with the white tab out of the slot the lock goes up and down easier by hand.

Passenger door can be locked with door open or closed manually. Unlocking door also has some resistance. Door has not been lubricated.

Are my actuators causing my difficulties?

- - - Updated - - -

Everytime I lock can passenger door or trunk I hear a click on the dash. When I lock drivers door manually with my hand I hear a click on the dash. All locks can be unlocked with a key but do not unlock any other doors or trunks.

There is no physical activity from central locking system outside of the clicking.

Also, there is a cable in the trunk that follow the curvature of the left trunk hinge. What does that connect to?

I do not have a 1992 BMW 325i convertible owner’s manual to review any of this.