Thread: Yes … Another BMW Scanner v1.4 Install "No Drivers" Issue

My Cars
    BMW E39i, Nissan Z

Yes … Another BMW Scanner v1.4 Install "No Drivers" Issue

I have pretty much looked over all the BMW forums for info on "Missing BMW Scanner v1.4 Drivers" …... and not come up with a solution in my case.

I have installed Windows XP (64) on my MacBook Pro, running Parallels 13), and then installed the "BMW Scanner v140 Install.exc", and had no problems with the initial software install.

However, when opening the "BMW Scanner" desktop alias (shortcut), the pop-up window shows that "Device drivers are not installed". Looking at the "C" drive>BMWScan140 Folder> it shows the "scanner app" along with the "drivers" folder …... here's where I am lost for solutions (see attached screen grabs).

Not being a real "Windows expert or knowing my way around the PC/Win environment (know practically everything about Mac/Apple, not so much when it comes to PC/Windows), I'm not able to get the "drivers" to engage with the actual "BMW Scanner" hardware unit (even though the BMW Scanner hardware shows as "connected" in the upper Windows XP menu bar) (see attached screen grabs).

If you look over the attached screen grabs, and see what I have available for drivers …..
    1. Does it look like what I need is on the MacBook (just not installed properly or in the right place, right settings?

2. Or is there "driver software" missing that I should have available to properly install BMW Scanner 1.4?

Any assistance/suggestions will be appreciated, and I'm sure come in handy for others to know in any similar future install situation they may encounter too. Thanks!

What I'm Using:

• '97 528i
    • BMW Scanner OBD Unit w/USB Cable
    • BMW "Round 20 Pin" BMW Engine OBD Connector Cable Adapter
    • 2015 MacBook Pro running Win XP Pro (64) on Parallels 13
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    BMW E39i, Nissan Z
    Could this issue be that I am running Windows XP Pro 64Bit (Service Pack 2), and the BMW Scanner 1.4.0 software has "deposited" only 32Bit drivers?

If so, anyone know where there's a decent download set of VIRUS-FREE BMW Scanner 1.4.0 Windows XP Pro 64Bit drivers?
    Last edited by NJDave; 05-23-2018 at 05:28 PM.

My Cars
    BMW E39i, Nissan Z
    One thing I did notice, was that in the Win "System>Device Manager" it showed the "BMW Scanner Driver" listed in the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" (see attached image) …. yet in the "Other Devices", there was a new placement of "USB Serial Port" (that has unknown info and has not been installed) - (see attached image).

Not knowing a damn thing about Windows OS (UGH) (life long Mac Owner) … could this have something to do with "port" assigning or something like that? (see attached screen grabs)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NJDave; 05-23-2018 at 05:31 PM.