BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 1999 E36M3 Coupe, Hellrot, <95k miles

My Cars
    1999 M3, 2003 Chevy Avalanche

1999 E36M3 Coupe, Hellrot, <95k miles

IMG_9965.jpgIMG_9963.jpgIMG_9964.jpgIMG_9966.jpgIMG_9968.jpgHi folks,

It turns out that I can't install rear-facing car seats in the back seat of the M3. That means it is finally time to sell it to someone else, sad as that makes me. Every time I climb in it, I am awash in memories, and I re-live all these incredible miles I've put on it.

Every time I bring it to the dealer for work, several techs come out to take a look, because they just don't see E36 M3's cars in this good condition any more, even though it has a few cosmetic flaws:
    -a small amount of bubbling paint coming from under the windshield - it just started, but it's there and people should know it
    -two or three tiny dings overall
    -the black mesh in the front bumper cover doesn't fully seat
    -M3 emblem red has faded over time. I have a replacement but I never put it on.
    -BMW emblems are tired after all this time. I think i have replacement for those as well.

The car today has under 95k miles. I am not sure I remember all the things I've done to it over the years, but I certainly remember a few:
    -I put an aggressive UUC Motorwerks suspension in it a few years ago. It was AMAZING driving the car like that. Incredible. Also once I got married, it made my new wife feel like throwing up...
    -...so now there is a brand spanking new stock suspension in it with a few hundred miles on it. All the poly bushings I put in are still in the car and still tight. Incidentally, the guys at the shop who put in my new suspension asked me who put in my UUC one because whoever did it did an amazing job...swelled my ego because I put it in all by myself.
    -with the suspension change, I had to remove the rear headrests. One of them has wandered off but the other is present. I preferred removing these anyway to improve rear visibility.
    -cross brace install
    -CDV Delete
    -ZKW headlights
    -UUC shortshifter install
    -I put in the rigid black undercover panel from SSI
    -BMW traffic pro install. I no longer have the stock radio. I think I sold that. CD changer is also no longer there. Not useful nowadays anyway.
    -aluminum radiator with the awesome stewart water pump
    -brand new stock brakes
    -brand new power steering hose replacement

Other bad stuff:
    -One little flaw is that the speakers are at end of life and need to be replaced. Cheap enough, but no time to do it. A nice simple project for the next owner.
    -a very light case of shifter 5th gear lean (when it's cold out). Another project I would LOVE to do but no time to do it with the little one.
    -losing this car will tear out a little bit of my heart.

All fluids were replaced last year when I moved back to the states. The car was garaged for 7 years straight while I was overseas, with the exception that I would return every few months, buy it a new battery, and drive it around. Frozen brake caliper on one of those trips that I had replaced. Otherwise it was perfectly reliable for me.

This car doesn't have a super clean carfax. The original owner had an accident that was beautifully repaired with BMW DOT-R parts. I never had a single issue with that repair. I had a few people lightly bump into me at traffic lights, which lead to some bumper cover work and a paint. Nothing major.

I don't know what these cars are going for nowadays, but I see most are going for something like $10k. With a $3k suspension and $1k brakes brand new in it, I think that's worth a little something, so I'm looking for something close to $14k, negotiable. The paint issue I mentioned is a small detractor, but all the $10k cars out there have much worse paint than this. So I'm targeting around $14k.

I'll take some more pictures and detail out this post better, but I wanted to get it listed tonight. If you're interested, please PM me and I'll get you more details on anything you need.

Having trouble getting photos to post...will post this thread and then edit to add. Patience, please...
    Last edited by Ffroggs; 05-20-2018 at 10:43 PM.
    3/99 M3 with typical "upgrades": UUC Evo3 SSK+DSSR, UUC Red Tranny Mounts+TMEs, ZKW headlights, X-brace, CDV delete, Zionsville Aluminum radiator w/ Stewart water pump, Ground Control Track/School kit, Powerflex RTABs and LCABs, SSI underpanel, and a BMW Traffic Pro.

My Cars
    97 M3/2, '13 Focus ST
    Interested! PMd you my dude (since you PMd me! Lol)

My Cars
    97 M3, 01 S4 Avant
    excellent FS ad. wish i could get another E36 M3 as beautiful & clean as this, but the wife won't allow me a 3rd car. damn it! GLWS!!!

My Cars
    97 M3/2, '13 Focus ST
    How any photos of the bubbling paint?