BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 1998 M3 Sedan manual (3/4/5) w/80k original miles. Specimen car.

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Sedan

1998 M3 Sedan manual (3/4/5) w/80k original miles. Specimen car (Sold)

(Sold)

For sale is very, very nice 1998 BMW M3 Sedan with an unheard of 80,xxx original miles. The e36 m3 sedan was one of my dream cars and I love it dearly, but since buying it I've had 2 kids which have changed my priorities significantly. I honestly do not want to sell this car but since I store the car in the winter, and commute with kids in my daily driver I've maybe put 600-800 miles a year on it over the last 3 years.

Work Done (all oem parts)
    - Front and rear control arms, inner/outer tie rods, all stabilizers/sway bushings, Rear trailing arm bushings
    - OEM Sachs Shocks/Struts/mounting hardware
    - Rotors/pads, front calipers (includes originals which I was going to bead blast/paint/rebuild)
    - Vanos rebuilt with Besian kit, belts/tensioners, Injectors cleaned/rebuilt by Mr Injector, new o2 sensors
    - New black trim (original owner had the trim painted silver to match the car, gross)

The Good:
    - 80,xxx original miles
    - Southern car (purchased in Tampa)
    - Very clean, excellent paint/interior
    - Very rare 3 spoke wheel
    - Hankook Ventus tires installed when purchased, nearly zero wear
    - Adult owned (I'm the 3rd owner, first 2 were brothers who tried to keep it in the family)
    - Burns zero oil
    - I'm including: BMW/Noah car cover, peak code reading tool, original chrome kidney grills, spare lock actuator

I've worked hard to restore the car to brand new/perfect condition and there are a few projects I haven't been able to take care of yet. Most of it is very normal for an almost 20 year old m3.

The Bad
    - Has a mild case of 5th gear lean. Easy fix (changing shift bushings) when the tranny is out to do the clutch. Haven't had the need to work on the clutch so I've put off fixing it.
    - Headliner is starting to pocket in a few spots.
    - Small amount of rust on the lip of the trunk lid. This is the only rust on the car, and I am including a replacement trunk lid that I haven't had time to install. The existing lid could be cleaned up and blended w/o issue as well (which was my original plan before finding another trunk lid for sale)
    - Weeping power steering hose from reservoir
    - Front passenger door lock actuator is flaky (including replacement)
    - few leds out in the spoiler brake light, i have a replacement light I'm including that I just haven't installed yet.
    - A few minor bumps and scrapes/imperfections in the paint you'd expect for the age.

I'm asking $11,000 for the car as is, and will entertain serious, cash in hand, offers. I'm going to give it a few weeks, then it will go up on Bring-a-Trailer and the price will definitely go way up. Thanks for looking.

Photo May 27, 12 12 55 PM.jpg Photo May 27, 12 13 16 PM.jpg Photo May 27, 4 33 22 PM.jpg Photo May 27, 4 37 57 PM.jpg Photo May 27, 4 39 56 PM.jpg
    Last edited by Phishy4; 05-22-2018 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Sold.

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3, 2006 BMW M3
    Wow, that is a steal. GLWS.

My Cars
    1999 Mustang Cobra SVT
    Quote Originally Posted by HB325ci View Post
    Wow, that is a steal. GLWS.
    Agreed!!!