Hi all,
E28s are not my forte, but I stumbled across one that caught my eye and had to grab it.

Its a 528i Motorsport in polaris silver. Overdrive box, LSD, tri-colour stripe on the LHS grill, and black stripes down the side. Runs very nicely, the engine had been breathed on substantially - it would give my e34 535i manual a good run for its money. The interior is original, only the dash top and gaiter around the shifter are a bit average. Thats the Good.

The Bad.
The boot has rusted around the wheel arches, where they meet the floor of the boot, the boot lid is a write off (it has rusted though where the spoiler is mounted), and the panel between the rear windscreen and the boot lid has several rust holes. Also the front quarter has a ding in it.
Sourcing a boot lid is easy, same as the front quarter. It is the wheel arches that have me worried. They have rusted through at the join. Not sure if it is an economically viable issue to fix.

The car has a very good history and pedigree, and I would like to save it if possible, but not at a stupid cost.

Any opinions and advice welcome.

Regards

David