Thread: Bushing squeek when moving?

My Cars
    1995 E36 M3 Coupe

Bushing squeek when moving?

So after replacing my clutch, all of my bushings/mounts and my old coilovers for some ground controls (hybrid setup) I finally have the car driving. On my way to the alignment shop this morning my tires were scrubbing hard since both were toed in really bad. I squeeked the whole way to the shop but everything else seemed fine as far as I know.

However, once I got the car back after being aligned I noticed some loud squeeking in the rear. It might have been there prior and was drowned out by the sound of the front tires but I really doubt it because it is quite loud. It sounds like I have a bunch of those rubber chickens in my rear end.

Almost exactly like this...

I immediately went back to the shop, concerned that it was the tires, and the the guy said they noticed it and that it seems to be the bushings. My alignment specs seemed fine (-3 camber and 0 toe in front, -2 camber and .2 toe in for the rear) and it doesn't seem to be the tires. The outer ball joints are oem, camber arms are SPC with the oem/stock-like bushing, upper-inner control arm bushing is powerflex poly, RTABs are rogue engineering and the subframe and diff bushings are from Revshift. Everything that is poly is lubed with copper-antiseize.

The sound only happens when I am moving which makes it impossible for me to figure out where it is coming from. I don't understand what that would be from seeing as how none of the bushings really move at least at slower speeds and smooth road. The sound doesn't slow down or speed up, it sounds the same whether I am going 15 or 40. The sound is also intermittent. It can be loud as hell for a second, then stop for a little bit and come back. Almost leads me to believe that it isn't a bushing and might be in the driveline somewhere?

Any ideas? It legit sounds like in the video I linked.

My Cars
    99 M3
    Block the front wheels and get the rear up on stands (remove rear tires/wheels). Start it up put it in gear (this will trip ABS), does it squeak/chirp?

My Turner (?) rear shock mounts made a squeak until just recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Poly RTAB's will squeak, even if lubed. Mine weren't really loud, but they were noticeable. They don't just rotate up and down, but the trailing arm also angles them left and right as it moves which poly doesn't like. They can squeak against the carrier. I recently went back to rubber with limiters.
    Last edited by TostitoBandito; 05-19-2018 at 12:25 AM.
    1999 M3/2/5 - Titanium Silver - Track/Weekend Toy