Thread: Help - 2004 BMW 545 Transmission fault

My Cars
    2004 BMW 545

Help - 2004 BMW 545 Transmission fault

I currently have a 2004 bmw 545.

Note: Battery replaced in March 2018
    has 203,000 km

I was driving one day and my car decided to stop on the side of the road giving me a bunch of codes in the middle of the street
    - Transmission Fault
    - Cruise Control
    - ABS
    - Active steering

I tried to start it but it did not work.

I had to get it towed to my house, and I tried to start the car with the IBS sensor unplugged however that did nothing.

If I keep my battery on the transmission fault gear symbol shows up in the middle of the steering while the car is turned off with no key, so I just leave the car with the negative terminal disconnected.

I thought maybe the integrated supply module would be a problem so I replaced it just today, yet that solved no problem.

Now I figured maybe something is wrong with the battery, I used a portable booster that shows volts as well. When I connected it under the hood it showed up as 11.7 and was trying to boost my car but it still wouldn't start. I would hear some type of noise but im not quite sure what the noise is, I assume its the fuel pump or the engine trying to ignite. Any type of advice would be helpful please.

The car starts where I can see the screen and all the lights turn on but the engine just doesn't turn on, and every time I do reconnect the negative terminal the gear sign just pops up right away without even being in the car.

My Cars
    BMWs and Mini's
    Have you scanned the car with a BMW specific scanner or are you just pulling the fault info via idrive/gauge cluster info.

Turner Motorsport
    / // Parts and Performance for BMWs
    16 South Hunt Road
    Amesbury, MA 01913
    800-280-6966
    info@turnermotorsport.com

My Cars
    2004 BMW 545
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnerMS View Post
    Have you scanned the car with a BMW specific scanner or are you just pulling the fault info via idrive/gauge cluster info.
    I’ve tried to use a scanner to see if any codes would pop up but it did not let me scan the car for some reason. I am just listing what I see on the idrive/gauge cluster info.

I can only assume at this point that the alternator is the problem as two months ago when I replaced the battery it was due to having a weak battery and having the car passing safety.