Thread: TD03L Ebay Turbos

My Cars
    2009 335i Coupe 6mt

TD03L Ebay Turbos

Hey all,

So I am in need of new turbos. Waste gates rattle like crazy, and I smoke more and more each day.

Because I want reliable horsepower around 440hp and don't want to spend $3K+ for a single turbo at the moment, I am opting for twins.

My plan was to buy replacements from FCP Euro because of the lifetime warranty for ~$1600, but I came across TD03L turbos on ebay for less than half the price ($720 for both front and rear).
    What am I missing? Are these not Mitsubishi made? Has anyone had experience with them?

Also, if there is another twin turbo direct bolt in kit that is shown to be reliable for another 80k miles and is ~$1600, I wouldn't be opposed to that, but it is just so hard to find reliability info on any turbo replacements, most are only a few thousand miles.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-TD03L-B...-/253349856240

My Cars
    I'll say one thing: you get what you pay for

I read horror stories every day about cheap, aftermarket crap that people buy on ebay. Quality costs money.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    Hmm, looking at the sellers other items, they ship from germany like the opel and audi turbos, other stuff from hong kong, and the one from the OP from NY....
    I would be suspect at 700 and change, are returns accepted?
    Quote Originally Posted by 09335i View Post
    Hey all,

So I am in need of new turbos. Waste gates rattle like crazy, and I smoke more and more each day.

Because I want reliable horsepower around 440hp and don't want to spend $3K+ for a single turbo at the moment, I am opting for twins.

My plan was to buy replacements from FCP Euro because of the lifetime warranty for ~$1600, but I came across TD03L turbos on ebay for less than half the price ($720 for both front and rear).
    What am I missing? Are these not Mitsubishi made? Has anyone had experience with them?

Also, if there is another twin turbo direct bolt in kit that is shown to be reliable for another 80k miles and is ~$1600, I wouldn't be opposed to that, but it is just so hard to find reliability info on any turbo replacements, most are only a few thousand miles.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-TD03L-B...-/253349856240
    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    e30 325i, the mighty 4 door granma mobile....Gone
    e39 528i, 4 door sports tank

My Cars
    2009 335i Coupe 6mt
    Quote Originally Posted by White94RX View Post
    I'll say one thing: you get what you pay for

I read horror stories every day about cheap, aftermarket crap that people buy on ebay. Quality costs money.
    Yeah but I work in automotive and I know what type of mark ups we have.
    For current production vehicles, the assemblies we make (cameras, sensors, reflectors, fully painted) we charge roughly ~$300.
    On a service BMW part which is only primed and has no content at all (fog lights, sensors, reflectors) (literally just a molded part with primer)we charge ~$500.
    So cost doesn't necessarily indicate quality always. That's why I wanted to see if anyone had experience with these to get some real feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yonkers320is View Post
    Hmm, looking at the sellers other items, they ship from germany like the opel and audi turbos, other stuff from hong kong, and the one from the OP from NY....
    I would be suspect at 700 and change, are returns accepted?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    According to the post, there is a 60 day return policy. I messaged the seller and asked for a manufacturer to which they replied that they are after market and not oem. They said they have a 2 year warranty though.

I just don't want to have to do the job twice is all.