Thread: New "OEM" 8 x 13 Fuel Hose that is now available

My Cars
    1985 BMW 735i

New "OEM" 8 x 13 Fuel Hose that is now available

Does anyone have any experience with the "OE" new 8 x 13 fuel hose that is available?

I'm running low on my stock of BMW fuel hose and wanted to get some more. I'd always bought mine from AutohausAZ. It was genuine BMW and cheaper than the dealer even with a discount. They don't carry it now. They offer some made by CRP now.

Ordered some of the CRP brand from another online vendor (cheaper) and the inside diameter is larger than the BMW original. And of course that means the hose walls are thinner. I don't think it will seal correctly.

Anyone used it? Or was the wrong hose sent to me?

I checked with my dealer and the BMW hose costs almost $40 dollars per meter now!!!!!! BMW has lost their %#@$&*% minds!! That is literally highway robbery.

Thinking I should have left the 33 year old hose on the car.

As a side note, I used the standard fuel hose to replace the 8 x 13 braided vent hoses on the fuel tank that were there. Has anyone found a braided replacement for these? this type braided hose has been NLA from the dealer for a long time.

If I had realized the price changes and OE hoses changes before I reworked my fuel supply system, I might have tried the CRP hoses to replace the vent hoses, but then thinking about it, since they are so thin-walled they might have crimped and not bent as the original braided or the standard BMW fuel hose.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    C

My Cars
    5, 7, 4x4
    not the 8x13 but 7.5x12.5 woven cover
    https://www.belmetric.com/metric-hoses-c-14.html

My Cars
    2015 BMW M3
    Hey OP, would you happen to have the OE BMW part number?

My Cars
    1985 BMW 735i
    16121180409 is the latest iteration of the part #.

Just went and measured the BMW hose I have vs the "OE" CRP hose that was sent.

BMW hose OD 13.4mm ID 7.5mm

CRP hose OD 12.6mm ID 8.3mm

So just from these two examples, the wall size of the BMW hose is almost a whole mm thicker. I can visually see and physically feel the difference. The CRP hose bends (crimps) much easier than the BMW.

8891XJ I had looked at BelMetric and found the same hose as I purchased. They mention it is now made in Turkey, just as the one I purchased is.

https://www.belmetric.com/smooth-hig...3mm-p-959.html

I wonder if this one would be better? Made by Flennor in Germany BUT the PSI working pressure is 65psi less. 215 for the CRP vs 150 psi for the Flennor.

https://www.belmetric.com/multifuel-...mm-p-3721.html

Thoughts anyone?
    Last edited by cfisher535is; 05-15-2018 at 04:55 PM.