My Cars
    2005 BMW X5 3.0i

Problem with AC, the auxiliary fan not spinning.

I recently got a 2005 3.0i X5, and has a problem with the auxiliary fan.

When I turn on the AC the fan won't spin, so I don't get any cold air, but as soon as the engine warms up and the fan start's spinning the AC blows cold air.
    The original fan was banged up, with a cracked fin, so I replaced it. (With a new one)

I have tried to locate any fuses that may be related to the fan operation, but I can't find them, I've looked the fuse box inside the glove compartment and the one back on the right hand side, but nothing seems related to the auxiliary fan.
    Any ideas on what fuses I should be looking for?

I've found this, but nothing seems related http://fusesdiagram.com/bmw/fuses-an...mw-x5-e53.html

Thanks !!

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Hello and welcome to the forum! If you need to replace the aux cooling fan, take a look at the link below to one of our site's DIY tech articles on the procedure. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or if we can assist with any part needs in the future.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...eplacement.htm
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    Had the same problem last week. Needed to replace the aux fan.

My Cars
    2005 BMW X5 3.0i
    Thank you !

After searching a bit I found this video that I think better describes my problem, and a possible solution (on the first comment)

I think I'll give ICE-32 a try...
    Any ideas or comments are more than welcome !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxj8h6eQ9D4

I have found a solution if your problem is the same as mine. a good friend of mine is a super mechanic (as far as I am concerned) He told me that the compressors in BMW's have a swash plate inside that is supposed to move when the air is turned on, (it creates the pressure in the system) but they inherently get stuck and this causes the air to not come on for many many minutes. (Mine took anywhere from 10-15 minutes to kick in!) He drained the system of coolant and added an ounce of something called ice 32. It's an air con system lubricant. Then he recharged the system the rest of the way with the proper type of coolant. My wife took it for a drive the next day and it took 5 minutes to get cold. Today, it took 2 minutes and change from the time the X5 was started and we live in Arizona. Right now it's frying pan hot!!! Sorted! I hope this helps you and everyone else having this issue!***65279;