Thread: Leather Seat Repair Questions

My Cars
    1989 325i Conv.

Leather Seat Repair Questions

I have an '89 325i convertible. The side bolsters on the front driver's seat are cracking and on one of them you can see a bit of foam through the crack. Are there any products that do a good job of repairing these cracks? Alternatively, is there a product, or place to source leather, where I can get leather for a replacement bolster (I'd like the grain, etc. to match)? I'd have an upholstery shop do the work.

Also, the seams at the top of my rear seat are beginning to stretch/split? How much would you expect a shop to charge to sew them back up?

Thanks in advance.

My Cars
    87 Cabrio & 87 ETA
    The back seat splits cause the leather has shrunk and cannot be stitched back. Some people put a "cap"on it as it's cheap and doesn't look like total crap. For the front you can try getting a "good used"bolster, preferably off a passenger seat. 30 yo leather is impossible to match.
    87 Zinno Cabrio 98k Barn Find. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=268987
    87 Lachsilber ETA Time Capsule. bought w 125k from 87yo original owner

Cabrio deck lid & hinge struts (w sleeves) now for sale. See the link below for more info

New "made in Europe" seat shocks. PM for details
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...ot-Seat-Shocks