Thread: Another 1222 Thread

My Cars
    Two, Two BMW's hahaha

Another 1222 Thread

Hello all

I have read many threads regarding the dreaded 1222 code but mine is different from all the ones i found.

Car - 91 E30 S50 with VFE kit - 5 to 6 psi . Kit has been installed for years.

Current problem - car runs great when rolling on the throttle but when you go WOT the car starts to shudder(misfire?) and CEL flashes (stomp code 1222). Once off the throttle the CEL turns off. Car still pulls boost.

Car idles great right at 14.5- 15. Drive great. At WOT even with the shudder AF is at 11

I recently changed the plugs to NGK 4091 which were a big improvement over the 4 prong plugs I had. These are gapped to .026.

The other issue is I can smell traces of fuel vapor under the hood. Seems to be on the intake side. I recently changed the rubber lines that go into the fuel rail thinking that was the issue but it was not. I can not see any fuel leaking anywhere. I can only smell it.

Is there a vacuum line that if it was leaking would leak fuel vapor?

Thanks

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Hi billyfiction....since the 1222 code deals with the Oxygen sensor in your E30, I've attached a link to one of our tech articles that I hope will help you address the issue. Best of luck!

http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/tech...-O2_Sensor.htm

-Dmitry
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    Also, get yourself a boost leak tester and test to see if your system can hold any psi
    1997 Arctic Silver/Black M3
    CES Stage IV (651rwhp/615rwtq @ 24 psi)

1999 Techno Violet/Dove M3
    Auto/Convertible and staying stock!

My Cars
    1990 BMW 325i convertibl
    My 1990 325i vert is stomping a 1222. A few months ago, my ICV was sticking, and the idle was bouncing up and down. I cleaned it with brake cleaner and stuck it back in and bought a new one. When the new one arrived, I put it in. Non-Bosch.
    Fast forward a few months - it was winter and I wasn't driving it as much since it rains in CA and the car leaks a little here and there, usually on the driver's seat. I started driving the car again and noticed that the car would lurch - almost as if the car was shut off and then turned back on. The CEL light would come on briefly and then go off again. At first I was afraid to drive the car, but then I quickly figured out this only happens within the first five miles of driving the car that day. After five miles, it no longer happens. Even if I drive it to work and let it sit, it will not do it until the next day, when this starts all over again. I drove it to my mechanic, however it didn't stopped by the time I got there. It only lurches 3-5 times in the morning, and then it stops.

Any ideas? It appears intermittent, even though I have determined there is a pattern.